Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - Year in Review

It's hard to believe that 2010 is almost over ... in just a matter of hours, it will be 2011.  At the end of each year, I like to look back and reflect on the year.

In January, we traveled to southwestern Florida (and had a wonderful time despite a road incident about an hour and a half from home that set us back 2 hours and extremely cold temperatures in Florida).  On our way home, we stopped to visit my dad who was spending a couple of the winter months on the Alabama Gulf Coast.


In February, we celebrated a few birthdays:  T#1 and mine.

In March, we made a whirlwind trip to Florida for Cardinals spring training, with a "detour" to St. Simons Island on our way home.


In May, we celebrated T#2's birthday.

In June, we traveled to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.  We saw elk - everywhere.  As much as I still love (and prefer) the beach, the mountains were beautiful, and I suspect we'll get back some day.


In July, my sisters came into town and we treated my dad to a weekend in St. Louis with a couple of Cardinals games.


In August, we celebrated T#3's birthday.

In October, we celebrated T#4's first birthday.  We also took a trip to Paducah to see the Quilt Museum.  I also finished T#3's big boy quilt (I had started it well over a year earlier, but life happened ... and I lost my motivation).



In November, we celebrated DH's birthday and had a wonderful Thanksgiving with DD and her family.

In December, we celebrated our 23rd anniversary, had a White Christmas, had a good visit with my family, with DD and family, celebrated DSIL's birthday, finished DSIL's quilt, and wondered how it was possible for 2010 to pass so quickly!







I pray that you all have a
Photobucket

So long 2010 ..

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good year. I especially like your trip in June, two of my favorite places. Wishing you happiness, good health and blessing from God in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 23rd anniversary! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear one, Loved reading and seeing the last year. I pray that you have a rich and blessed 2011. I have loved coming by for visits and look forward to lots more this New Year.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good year. I especially like your trip in June, two of my favorite places. Wishing you happiness, good health and blessing from God in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 23rd anniversary! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)