Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Today I'm thankful for the opportunity to have a lazy day.  The rest of this week has been/will be a busy one ... so today I'm just going to be lazy.

I'm also thankful for snow.  We've had intermittent flurries this morning, but there has been a tiny bit of accumulation (so far, just on the deck ... but it's snow!!!!).  Regardless of how much we get (I'm hoping for a decent accumulation but expecting a light dusting at best), I'm going to enjoy sitting inside today, watching the snow fall.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snow!  

A snowy lazy day is the perfect day to do some roasting ... I'm thinking a pork tenderloin with some roasted veggies.  Maybe I'll even be a little adventurous and try Bobby Flay's roasted brussel sprouts; they sure seemed to be a hit on his Thanksgiving Throw Down with the Pioneer Woman.  I remember that as a child, I liked brussel sprouts ... then my mom stopped cooking them and I never thought to try them (probably because everyone else that I might be cooking for didn't like them). Yep, brussel sprouts are on the menu! 

3 comments:

  1. yum on the brussel sprouts! I like them too! sounds like a perfect way to spend the day, cooking and enjoying watching the snow!! enjoy!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that show and they did look delicious. Seem like everyone is being hit with snow this year. It seems so early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that show and they did look delicious. Seem like everyone is being hit with snow this year. It seems so early!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)