Tuesday, December 7, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

Is anyone singing along?  When I saw the video that feature Christmas decorations, I had to choose it!


I came across a blog a month or so ago, where the blogger listed a few of her favorite things ... so I decided I'd steal copy that idea.  So here are a few of my favorite things (in no particular order):



I'm not a coffee drinker ... my caffeine comes cold, even in the winter.



If you've been reading for very long, you know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the beach, and my favorite beach is the one on Hilton Head Island.  DH & I would have retired there in a heartbeat ... but if there's something that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE more than the beach, it's the Ts ... they're here in Illinois, so we are too.



Speaking of the Ts, no list of my favorite things would be complete with including them!



Another favorite thing  is quilting (no, those are not my stitches, although I wish ... look how tiny they are!).  
And yes, my fingertips get heavily callused (no, those aren't my fingers either), but calloused fingertips are a price that I'm willing to pay.  ha!



I've always been a Cardinals fan for as long as I can remember.  My earliest recollection is when we had to go to Florida (I had a bad bout of pneumonia when I was 4 or 5, and our doctor advised my parents take me somewhere warm and sunny to help with my recuperation).  It was during spring training (which is why we went to the St. Pete area, I'm sure).  I'll always remember the day my mom was going to take my sister K and me to the beach (and we've already discussed how much I love the beach), and I cried because I wanted to go to the ballgame with my dad instead.  ha!

4 comments:

  1. This was really nice! I just had to steal it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your list of favorite things!! I enjoy either a Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi in the afternoons (I'm thinking for that caffeine fix, LOL) but when it is winter, I tend to like them room temp rather than cold from the fridge. Definitely need to stay where the grands are, even though the beach looks so inviting!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song and cute post. Where are you in Illinois. I grew up in North Riverside and lived in the area until I was 38. I love the beach too. How wonderful that you quilt. I have family in Florida. Hope your having a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your list of favorite things!! I enjoy either a Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi in the afternoons (I'm thinking for that caffeine fix, LOL) but when it is winter, I tend to like them room temp rather than cold from the fridge. Definitely need to stay where the grands are, even though the beach looks so inviting!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)