Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday's Fave Five

Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story hosts a weekly look back at the blessings of the previous week.  I like the idea of taking the time to intentionally look back to see how I was blessed, so I'm joining in this week.

1.  T time  Mama had to take T#3 to the Urgent Care Center Monday evening, so I got called to take T#1 (and T#2) to his Cub Scouts meeting.  Tuesday, I got to watch T#3 and T#4 while Mama worked a Scholastic Book Fair.  Yesterday, I got to watch all 4 Ts while Mama worked her last "shift" at the Book Fair.  I always LOVE my time with the Ts!

2.  Hearing snow in the forecast  Ok, the snow itself isn't coming until Saturday night/Sunday ... but after some serious pining for some snow over the last several days, it was awesome to hear that we have snow (and accumulating snow at that!) in the forecast.  I can't wait!   

3.  Less is more at Christmas  Ever since we staged our old house to sell a couple of years ago, I've found that I prefer a less is more approach to decorating ... including Christmas.  I've enjoyed being able to get the house ready for Christmas in just a few hours instead of a few days, and it's helped get the Christmas season started without a lot of added stress.  This year, I've decided to take a bit of a less is more approach to gift giving, too ... instead of spending my entire budget on a plethora of gifts for the Ts, I'm buying one gift that I think they'll really like (thanks to recommendations from DD) and giving the rest of the money (in the name of the Ts) to a Christian charity to help those who are less fortunate.  I can't take full credit for the giving to help others ... T#1, when asked what he'd like for Christmas, named just one gift and asked that the rest of the money go to those in need. 

4.  My new Ott Lite  It really provides much better lighting for when I'm quilting ... and I'll really appreciate it this summer when it's warm and I'm bundled under a quilt.  ;-)  Plus it's a nicer looking lamp than what I had before (which will be used as supplemental lighting at my sewing table).  I had been wanting an Ott Lite for some time, but every time I'd look at them, the prices were just too high.  I finally found one online at a very good price.

5.  My sweet hubby  I got back from taking T#1 & T#2 back home Monday evening with a tank just about out of gas.  Knowing that I'd have to get up and get going early the next morning to go pick up T#3 & T#4, DH filled up my tank that evening so I'd be ready to hit the road that next morning.  And he's agreed to go do the last of the Christmas shopping with me this afternoon ... he even suggested lunch at the Bread Co. (he's got a coupon).  I am so thankful for him!

16 comments:

  1. We are maybe getting snow this weekend too. I'd just as soon not have any until after the holidays since we're traveling, kids are traveling,etc. Snow is beautiful when you are tucked snugly in at home but it wreaks havoc with travel plans.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined the Friday Faves!

    More and more we're joining the less is more and I'm finding that I feel so free. It takes a lot of work to be rearranging and organizing "stuff" all the time! I'm going to buy new tubs for our Christmas stuff and get it all put together this year so that next it will be so easy.

    LOVE my OTT light too! Bought it when I was doing a lot of cross-stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that grand children are the best. I have 2 grandsons that live on the west coast so I don't get to seem them very much so the granddaughter who lives near by is the center of my world. I love it when my daughter drops her off and she looks at her mommy and says "Bye Bye Momma" and runs into my arms!
    I'm so glad that you have a great hubby that cares for you as well. We all need to let younger woman out there that these men do really live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there dear friend, I wished we lived closer cause I think we would have so much fun together!
    Loved your list, grands simply make life more fun.
    Last year we started budgeting Christmas and decided to give each family a gift they would all enjoy. One family choose an annual zoo pass and the other family wanted videos they loved-like Little House. We do stockings and this year have limited the cost to $10. because we 15 stockings to fill it gets costly. Hubby and I are just doing stocking this year, no more big gifts-we simply can't afford them. I have two Ot lights that I love-you make me want to start quilting right now.
    Have a delightful weekend.
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your list, and you surely do have a wonderful husband!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is sweet of your husband! wonderful thing you all are doing with gifts too, to simplify and also help out others! We do the same thing and it is so enjoyable to know we are helping others enjoy the holiday too!

    hope you get the snow you want!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nana,
    Now that's a great husband. Wonderful.

    Viola
    over at www.alongawidowedroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Fave Fives!

    I like snow myself. We've had quite a few "brown" Christmas' the last few years so I'm really glad there will be snow this year.

    Your hubby sounds like a keeper! Nice of him to do those things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time with grandkids is always a favorite! How sweet and mature of your #1 T to ask that part of his gift be given to those in need. He has a good heart.

    How sweet of hubby to go fill up your car for you. Some one else had this same thing on their list this week! I love it when I do not have to do the 'fill ups'.

    I agree about the OttLight....although mine is not a brand name, I love the true light it gives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessing to be able to be with your grandchildren so much. Love #5, he sounds like a wonderful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had lots to be thankful for. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had lots to be thankful for. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a blessing to be able to be with your grandchildren so much. Love #5, he sounds like a wonderful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nana,
    Now that's a great husband. Wonderful.

    Viola
    over at www.alongawidowedroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your list, and you surely do have a wonderful husband!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are maybe getting snow this weekend too. I'd just as soon not have any until after the holidays since we're traveling, kids are traveling,etc. Snow is beautiful when you are tucked snugly in at home but it wreaks havoc with travel plans.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)