Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thankful Thursday


It's been a while since I've been able to post a Thankful Thursday post ... now that life has settled down after Christmas, I can get back into my "routine".
  • I'm thankful for my good health.  Oh, I have my share of aches, pains and other health issues, but nothing that I will allow to interfere with doing the things I enjoy doing.  And of course, I get an occasional cold (as I mentioned in my last post).  But all in all, I've been blessed with good health, and I'm thankful.  
  • Speaking of that cold, I'm thankful that the worst seems to be behind me.
  • I'm thankful for our White Christmas.  
  • I'm thankful that I've finished DSIL's quilt (pictures to follow).  
  • I'm thankful for my new sewing space. 
The snow from our White Christmas is just about all gone ... there are only a few remnants where snow was piled when shoveling the driveway.  :-(

My sister K shared in an e-mail yesterday that she served her grandson a Yogi Bear meal from Wendy's, and he asked where the "little one" was ... she assumed that he meant Boo Boo.  Because as a child, our youngest sister L called her stuffed teddy bear Boo Boo, that brought up a conversation about our childhood teddy bears.  Of course, I had to get out my teddy bear.
And of course, that has made me wonder about your childhood teddy bear/stuffy.  

It's hard to believe that we're just 2 days away from the New Year.  Where did this year go?  And speaking of the New Year, any plans for your New Year's Eve?  DH and I have nothing special planned as of right now.  I hope to start T#4's big girl quilt tomorrow, but I don't want to spend the evening sequestered in the sewing room while DH is in the family room.  Luckily there's a hockey game that evening, so our plans - so far - will definitely include watching the game.

8 comments:

  1. You have a lot to be thankful for! Hope your New Year is a wonderful one!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you Nana, Loved hearing/seeing about your bear from your childhood; I never kept anything like that. A new quilt-how wonderful; I have a baby quilt I need to start for a friends first grandchild but it has to wait until after I take down the Christmas decorations. Have a wonderful and healthy New Year.
    Hugs from snowy Colorado,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have alot of things to be thankful for this year, Nana!! Happy New Year to you and your family!!
    Hugs from New Jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you call your teddy bear? He is so cute! We have no plans. We always stay in, we will have some snacks and hopefully be awake at midnight to ring in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful New Year and may 2011 bring you even more to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot to be thankful for! Hope your New Year is a wonderful one!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)