Ok, it’s not Thursday … but it was when I started this post. <sigh> Things have been busy, busy, busy in the two weeks since we got back from our trip. But it’s been a wonderful kind of busy … one that I wouldn’t trade for anything (even if it means that by the time I am done with all the busy-ness, I’m too tired to even think about blogging).
So even if I missed taking the time on Thursday to blog about what I’m thankful for, I’m going to take the time today … I don’t want to get out of the habit of being intentionally grateful for all my blessings.
I’m thankful for:
- my daughter … she’s such a sweet, loving woman (I wish I could take credit for that … all I can say is thank you, God!!) who is a huge encouragement … as well as my daughter and my friend … I can’t imagine my life without her, which is why we stayed in Illinois when we retired.
- my hubby … yes, he makes me crazy sometimes (like Monday evening … when I went out to my car after work, it wouldn’t start, so I called him. He said he was coming with jumper cables … but when he finally got to the parking lot, he said that his 4-cylinder car wouldn’t have enough power to start my mini van. So we had to wait another 15 minutes for the University’s Motorist Assistant Patrol to show up and give my van a jump start. <sigh>) But he’s so sweet, so loving, so thoughtful, and he puts up with all the things I do that make him crazy … a definite keeper in my book!
- wonderful neighbors … who helped DH replace that battery in my car, saving us the cost of having to pay for having it installed … my DH is many wonderful things, but handy is not one of them. ;-) And I’m thankful that he knows that he’s not handy … when we have to pay for repairs, we’re not having to also pay for someone to undo DH’s “repairs”. ;-)
- my buckeye … a co-worker brought in a handful of buckeyes to share … my Grandpa B always carried a buckeye in his pants pocket … I never saw or thought of buckeyes without thinking about him … and now I have a buckeye to carry in my pocket … and every time I feel it, I think about him.
- fall … it still gets warm in the afternoon, but fall is definitely here.
- an end in sight coming for my temporary work at the University. They’ve hired a permanent person to fill the position that I’ve been in. I suspect that I’ll stay on until she’s able to get up to speed after training … probably another 4-6 weeks. I’ve enjoyed working (and the supplement to our retirement income), but I’m definitely ready to be retired full-time again!
- a day off yesterday … we had nothing planned, so I was able to get in some hand quilting (hadn’t touched the quilt for a month or more). I think I’ll do some more this afternoon while we watch the Cardinals game.