It’s Wednesday … time for another Hodgepodge. Why don’t you join us … just click on the button above for more Hodgepodge fun!
1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?
Both - I use Turbo Tax, so I don’t actually do our taxes yet I’m the one sitting at the computer doing our taxes. I used to do our taxes, but it’s so much easier to use Turbo Tax (no possibility of math errors) … and the e-file the return.
2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....
Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?
Pain … you know, like the old saying “no pain, no gain”.
3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.
Probably. I’ve been told that I look good in peach, so when shopping for clothes, I steer toward the peachy items. Sometimes that peach is a little bit more of an orangy peach (like tangerine tango). So I’m pretty sure that I have something in my closet that is pretty close to tangerine tango.
4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
I used to collect salt-glazed pottery Santas. They got too expensive, and I ran out of room to store any more, so I stopped collecting them. Our entertainment center has two towers on either side of where the TV sits; these towers have glass doors, so I’ve put my Santas, and other keepsakes in those towers.
5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
I have a recipe for chicken Marsala which I love. It has only 226 calories, which is pretty heart healthy, I’m thinking.
6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
Last summer. I was working that day and got in my car like normal … but it wouldn’t start. I called DH and asked him to bring jumper cables with him. So I wait and I wait and I wait (we’re about 15 minutes from the University). When he arrives, he tells me that he won’t be able to jumpstart my van … his car is not powerful enough to jump the van. So I had to call the University’s motorist assist department to come jumpstart my van. So I wait and I wait and I wait … it was probably another 5 minutes, but by this time, I was frustrated (with DH for not telling me when I called him that he wouldn’t be able to jumpstart my van … I could have skipped the waiting on him and gone ahead and called the motorist assist people then) so it seemed more like a 30-minute wait (no, I’m not patient ). Turns out the battery needed to be replaced.
7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
I’m less demanding. I used to demand so much from myself … the house had to be spotless, laundry had to be done and put away immediately. Now, not so much. I think it’s a good trend … while I still like a clean, tidy house, I’m focusing on enjoying the life we share in this house instead of focusing on keeping the house spotless.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I spoke too soon about how the vitamin C that I’ve been taking this winter has kept me cold-free. I’m coming down with a cold … and feeling pretty puny. I think I’ll be spending the day taking it easy … I’ve got a new book from the library, a puzzle on the table, and some strips to sew together.