Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Fragments

 

Mommy's Idea

 

Time for Friday Fragments … a meme I love because let’s face it, my life is certainly random!  Winking smile

 

It’s now less than 3 weeks until we head out for our favorite island (Hilton Head), so we’ve been doing some preliminary planning.  I do believe we enjoy the planning almost as much as we enjoy our time there … ok, maybe not quite, but we do enjoy the planning and the heightened sense of anticipation we get as a result. 

 

I got to spend time with all 4 Ts on Wednesday morning.  And yesterday I got to spend the day with the 2 littles.  Red heart Red heart Red heart  Those toddler years are my favorite. 

 

Hopefully we’re done with winter’s “last hurrah”, and we’ll have spring-like weather here on out.  We’re certainly going to have typical spring weather this weekend … highs in the 70’s with rain (and possibly storms). 

 

Today is the Cardinals home opener.  On a whim, DH checked for tickets to today’s game (the Cubs and MLB have returned a few unsold tickets to the Cardinals) … $119 for the cheapest seats in the stadium.  Surprised smile  No thank you.  We’ll stay home, where we will stay dry and get to see the replays. 

 

I put a roast for Italian beef in the crock pot last night during the hockey game (which the Blues lost, by the way … in the second overtime, so I guess there’s a little consolation in that).  It’s cooling now so I can shred it … in time for Italian beef sandwiches for lunch. 

 

Tomorrow night, the high school youth group at church is hosting a Trivia Night as a fundraiser for their trip to CIY Move this summer.  We’ve never done a Trivia Night before, so this ought to be interesting.  I’m wracking my brain to think of what snack I want to take … hope I have a few cells left for the trivia questions!  Open-mouthed smile

 

17 comments:

  1. Have fun at the trvia game... that sounds like too much fun!!!

    Another trip? I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday to you! After our long plane flight here(8 hrs), I'm beginning to think Hilton Head would be better. We've only been there once and I loved it-in fact I loved it more than the islands. It would be interesting to go back there now and see what I thought. Have a great day my friend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. We might head to Hilton Head Island sometime this summer for a short getaway. We went when Brittany was really small. Can you recommend any good seafood restaurants, by chance? It's not a bad trip from here. I'm guessing maybe 5 hours max. Have a wonderful weekend, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think you'll make it to Charleston this year?

    Trivia is FUN! What a great idea for a fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been to Hilton Head but it sounds like fun. My husband loves to do the planning for trips....me? I just want to relax! :)

    I don't think I would ever pay that much for tickets to any game.....two of my boys would pay that or more to go to a Gator game....in fact I think they do!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We head to the beach in just over three weeks. I am counting the minutes : ) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey i'm sitting here waiting for the cubs/cards game to come on too! the temp has sure dropped here and it's been raining off and on all afternoon. they were showing on the t.v. early this morning the people that were camped out for some of those last minute tickets. like you, i'll stay dry and watch the game - but i'm rooting for my cubbies! :)

    hubby and i are going on vacation in a few weeks, too. just driving south for a couple days, but it will be nice to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't tell you how I enjoy "random" posts, haha. Maybe that's just how my head often is, so I relate. We have been having a HUGE storm all afternoon, and it is still raining HARD. Soo unusual for us. Enjoy your week-end, and your lunch sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe - - - you hope you have enough brain cells left for the trivia play!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Hilton Head is fabulous! Hubby and I are in Alabama tonight in route to Charleston. It was a beautiful day for travel. Italian Beef sounds interesting. Might have to goggle that. :0) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think watching a game on TV is always a win-win situation. You don't have to wait in line to go to the bathroom and the snacks are so much more less expensive!! The trivia night sounds fun; enjoy!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. So....how did you do with Trivia? We have a local restaurant that hosts one every Wed., but it's getting pretty popular and it's hard to find a seat sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is always nice to get caught up with you. I have always wondered about Hilton Head.
    That should be fun too.
    We have had lots and lots of rain this week. My flowerbeds are under water.
    I keep thinking these will be our last storms too.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trivia is a great way to keep the mind sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can certainly see why you'd stay home for the game at those prices!! That's ridiculous. And if you two are anything like Bud and I...you need the refreshments also. And THEY'RE not cheap either.

    Oh your Italian roast sounds heavenly.

    I hope you all are not going to get severe weather from all this...there are warnings posted all over the 'net from Texas to Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting, your trip will be here before you know it.
    Italian beef sandwiches sounds wonderful. Yes I heard some storms were coming through in the mid-west. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late stopping by, after a very busy weekend. I hope your weekend was a good one!

    I'd be getting excited about going to Hilton Head Island, too :)

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)