After a well-deserved break last week, the Wednesday Hodgepodge is back this week.
1. Have you ever played golf? Any interest in playing? Do you have a significant other who loves to play? Did you watch The Masters this past weekend?
I’ve played golf … my mom and dad both loved playing golf … even at 89, my dad still plays regularly. I just have no interest in playing … I’m not much into participatory sports. DH does enjoy golfing, but he doesn’t play much … in fact, I don’t think he’s played a round since he’s retired. I didn’t watch The Master this past weekend … some of the adults were watching at DD’s Sunday afternoon, but I was outside with the Ts … a whole lot more fun, in my book!
2. Hats are back in fashion this spring...how do you feel about wearing a hat? (fyi-I'm not talking baseball caps) When was the last time you wore one?
I don’t recall ever wearing a hat … I don’t even recall ever having an Easter bonnet. I can’t say that I’m too keen on wearing a hat … can you say “hat hair”? Ha!
3. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 meaning proficient and 1 meaning "I'd starve", how adept are you at using chopsticks?
I’ve never really worked at using chopsticks … I’ve played around a time or two when dining at a Chinese restaurant, but never to the point where I could get anywhere much past a 1, if that.
4. Has technology taken over?
Yes. My 89-year-old dad is proficient at using his iPhone (at least the email and phone functions) … that is all the proof that I need. Ha!
5. In the course of a day how often do you look in a mirror?
It depends. Once I get ready in the morning, I really only need to check if I’m going to go somewhere or if I’ve been outside and need to repair the wind damage to my hair. I do glance briefly when I wash my hands, but seriously, at my age, the mirror is not my friend. Ha!
6. Tulip or Daffodil?
Tulip. And I definitely want to get some bulbs planted this fall!
7. I am proud of myself for __________________.
For giving up Diet Coke. It’s been over a month, and I don’t miss it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had a freeze warning for last night, so I faithfully went out and froze while covering my azaleas and hydrangea. Of course, it only got down to 34, so I wouldn’t have had to cover anything. Oh well, better safe than sorry, right?