It’s Wednesday again … and time for the Hodgepodge!
1. Spring is in the air (at least in my neck of the woods) and the birds are singing...what's your favorite bird?
This is tough. I guess I’ll choose the pelican. There’s a certain majestic beauty about them when they’re in flight … and when I see pelicans, I know I’m at the beach! Click on the picture below to see the pelicans more closely.
2. Speaking of birds...do you tweet? If so tell us your screen name and we'll come flocking to your Twitter site. Even if you don't let's all pretend here that we do-in 140 characters or less, sum up your week so far.
No, I don’t tweet. My week has been a busy one so far. Cleaning carpets, quilting, watching hockey/baseball/grands’ soccer. I hope that’s 140 characters or less … I don’t intend to count.
3. Its been reported recently that employers are not only viewing the facebook pages of potential hires but they're also requesting your facebook password to have a look at what you've kept from public view. What say you?
I think that’s just wrong. I don’t see how that’s any different than demanding to see a prospective employee’s private correspondence (written, emailed, texted). If a prospective employer wants to check out a PUBLIC Facebook page, that’s all well and good … but the line is drawn when they want the password. If I were the prospective employee, I’d say “no thanks”. I’m not sure I’d want to work there anyway … if that’s what they ask of prospective employees, what are they going to ask of employees?
4. It's April and you know what that means-Major League Baseball is back in action. What's your favorite baseball movie? If that's too hard, what's your favorite sports themed movie?
I’m a fan of baseball … but baseball movies, not so much. I guess if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Field of Dreams.
5. Something else this season brings-asparagus. Yes please or no thanks? If it's yes please what's your favorite way to have it prepared?
Yes please! Roasted, with shaved parmesan cheese … and tossed with a little balsamic vinegar before serving.
6. What drives you? (Don't you love how I sandwiched that one in between asparagus and jugglers???)
My desire to leave my daughter and grands a lasting legacy.
7. April 18th is International Jugglers Day...can you juggle?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here is the complete block that I pieced together Monday evening while watching the Blues defeat the Sharks. I pieced another half block as well … only 79 1/2 more to go.