Friday, June 3, 2011
Friday’s Fave Five
Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story hosts a weekly look back at the blessings of the previous week. I like the idea of taking the time to intentionally look back to see how I was blessed, so I'm joining in this week.
1. A long weekend … there’s something special about a 3-day weekend, and this past one was no exception. I got in plenty of T-time, had some time to just relax, finished unpacking from our trip, and enjoyed the warm, sunny weather.
2. Packages arriving … I’m really not much of a shopper, although I do rather enjoy shopping online. And there’s something exciting and even a little surprising about the UPS or FedEx driver stopping in front of our house and delivering a box to our front door (even though I know what it is).
3. Getting back on my bike … DH and I have always enjoyed getting out on the bike trails in our area. We’d frequently ride 3-4 times/week, sometimes 20 miles at a time. But this spring has been such a wacky one, weather-wise … too chilly, too rainy, and just not good bike riding weather. Now that the warm weather has arrived, it’s time to get back out onto the trails.
4. Flowers blooming in the landscaping … I just love blooming plants and trees … no boxwoods or yews in my landscaping! In fact, I ripped out 3 yews that the builder had included in the front landscaping and replaced them with 3 azaleas. My hydrangeas have just started to bloom, my knockout roses are blooming like crazy, my hostas are almost getting ready to bloom, and my spireas are starting to bloom.
5. Newton’s Fruit Crisps … we were served this as our snack on our flight out of Portland on our return from the Pacific Northwest. Wow, they were really quite good … and two of the crisps were just 100 calories.