Saturday, June 11, 2011

Well, it WAS going to be Friday’s Fave Five

Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story hosts a weekly look back at the blessings of the previous week.  And I do like the idea of taking the time to intentionally look back to see how I was blessed … but I ran out of time to write my FFF post before heading to work … I fully intended to finish up in the evening (after all, it was still Friday, right?).  By the time I got done baking a pie for today’s subdivision block party after we got home from dinner out with friends (aka next door neighbors), I was exhausted and went straight to bed. 

It’s not Friday, so this isn’t technically Friday’s Fave Five.  But I’m still going to take some time to look back and share some of the ways I was blessed this past week.

1.  Air conditioning.  We’ve had a good week and a half of 90+ degree weather (with heat indices of 100+), so it was not the ideal time for our air conditioner to quit (seriously, is there ever a good time for it to quit?).  Thankfully our repair guy came bright and early and got it running again … for under $100! 

2.  Getting to help behind the scenes when the two older Ts had their lemonade stand.  I held down the fort so the two littler Ts could get their naps and baked cookies (for the lemonade stand) assembly-line style.  I’m just so proud of those two … they have such compassionate hearts. Red heart

3.  Watching the two littler Ts on Tuesday when DD and the two older Ts went to the water park.  I just love the toddler years … and always enjoy my time with those two little ones.  Red heart

4.  Kisses from T#4.  I was talking to DD on the phone on Wednesday.  She’s got a smart phone that displays a small photo of the person on the other end.  DD put the phone down to T#4 so she could “talk” to me.  Instead of talking, she leaned over and kissed my picture on DD’s phone … I could hear the “mwah” of her kiss.  I’m still riding the high from that!

5.  Dinner out with friends.  Our dining out budget is pretty small, so when we do go out to eat, we try to make it special by including/joining friends or family to make it even more enjoyable.

6.  Rain.  We got rain overnight.  While it wasn’t the long, gentle rains that would have been best for our lawn and garden, it was rain nonetheless (a little over an inch!) … and it ushered in some cooler temperatures.

Hope you all have an absolutely wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I like your Friday Fives Saturday Six edition!! all were very great highlights of a wonderful week!! how fun with the subdivision party too! I'm sure they'll enjoy your pie you are bringing!!

    have a great weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grand daughter kisses as well! They are the best followed by " You forgot your hug"

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is never a good time when that air goes out. So glad you got it repaired quickly. Your time with your grandchildren is just so precious. Love the kiss on the phone.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)