Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday’s favorite things


I was doing some blog reading while waiting for the hardwoods to dry and came across Rachel’s blog … she hosts a weekly meme called (Friday) Favorite Things.  I can’t commit to a regular (Friday) Favorite Thing post, so I’m not going to link up.  But I did like the idea of listing some of my favorite things, so I’m going to steal borrow the idea.  Nothing really new … but I thought it was a fun look at the things that bring me joy.

I would be remiss if I didn’t start my list with:

I heart those little feet … and all the rest of them, too!  And their mama & daddy!  ;-) 

And of course, those of you who have been reading very long know that I’ve got to include:

The beach at Hilton Head … our very most favorite place to go … if it weren’t for those little ones (see above), we would have retired there.  We’re already talking about a trip back next spring.

And:

Of course, had we retired to Hilton Head (see above), we would have missed out on the snow!  Not that we normally get as much as in this photo. 

And:

We do love our Cardinals here!  And we’re already starting some preplanning for our 2012 Spring Training Trip.

And:

(sorry … that’s not my hand, although it could be … I do use that thimble and I do love the traditional quilt patterns … found this from a Google search)
One of the things that I’ve missed most with working this past year is the time to be able to quilt. 

And:
We enjoy working puzzles so much and have started to buy “souvenir” puzzles on our travels.  We like to reminisce about our visits while working the puzzles.

11 comments:

  1. I just love that 'feet' picture of yours! It's one of my most favorite things about your blog besides the things you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Nana's love those little feet. Put on a Hilton Head screen saver and some Jimmy Buffet for the winter.

    It was so hot here this summer that we didn't go to the water once and I'm about miles from the ocean. I do enjoy just watching the waves too. Now I'll look forward to going to Mi. for Christmas and giving my girls and boys some hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing puzzles too! Not that I've had any time for them lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I love that feet picture, and I know just how you feel! Look at that snow! Love these kind of posts....Have a good wee-end! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. That feet pic is just to cute. You have a lot of favorite things, lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the toes!!! Those are all wonderful items to be thankful for. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea for buying souvenir puzzles!! I bet they are fun to put together!! I'm with you, little toes over sandy beaches!!

    Loved reading about some of your favorite things!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your list and always enjoying seeing those precious footsies across the top of your blog. How cute! Blessings for a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the feet picture. Every time I come here I think what a great photo! Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the feet. When my grands were small, we had an area with built in shoe racks as you came in the back door. From the shoe rack all the way up the wall, each child had a set of foot prints. We covered their feet with finger paint and held them up so they could smoosh them on the wall. Today, I still have them take their shoes off for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the feet picture, too! So cute to see those little piggy toes!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)