If yesterday was Wednesday, today must be Thursday … and time for Thankful Thursday.
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” — William Arthur Ward
I’m thankful for:
- My sweet hubby. He is just so patient and understanding and has a servant’s heart. I can always count on him. I know I’ve had him on my list before … but I really am thankful for him.
- 4 seasons. We had our first freeze last night, which means that winter is on its way … which means snow will be on its way, too. As much as I’d love to live on the beach, I have to admit that I would miss the 4 seasons … and snow.
- Electric blankets. As much as I love winter and snow, I do not like being cold. And I’m always cold … and the older I get, the colder I get. With an electric blanket on the bed, I can snuggle under it and be warm and toasty all night long.
- God’s mercy. I heard a discussion on the radio the other day about whether we were worth Jesus dying for us. That got me to thinking … I definitely wasn’t worthy of His sacrifice ... there was absolutely nothing that I could possibly do to ever come anywhere close to being worthy. Which is of course why He had to die. I’m so thankful that Christ loved me enough to die on the cross so I can live.
- Online radio broadcasting. I can plug in my ear buds and listen to the area Christian radio station and hear uplifting music and encouraging words. It helps the day go by more quickly, too.