Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday



If yesterday was Wednesday, today must be Thursday … and time for Thankful Thursday. 



“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” — William Arthur Ward

I’m thankful for:

  • My sweet hubby.  He is just so patient and understanding and has a servant’s heart.  I can always count on him.  I know I’ve had him on my list before … but I really am thankful for him.

  • 4 seasons.  We had our first freeze last night, which means that winter is on its way … which means snow will be on its way, too.  As much as I’d love to live on the beach, I have to admit that I would miss the 4 seasons … and snow.

  • Electric blankets.  As much as I love winter and snow, I do not like being cold.  And I’m always cold … and the older I get, the colder I get.  With an electric blanket on the bed, I can snuggle under it and be warm and toasty all night long.

  • God’s mercy.  I heard a discussion on the radio the other day about whether we were worth Jesus dying for us.  That got me to thinking … I definitely wasn’t worthy of His sacrifice ... there was absolutely nothing that I could possibly do to ever come anywhere close to being worthy.  Which is of course why He had to die.  I’m so thankful that Christ loved me enough to die on the cross so I can live. 

  • Online radio broadcasting.  I can plug in my ear buds and listen to the area Christian radio station and hear uplifting music and encouraging words.  It helps the day go by more quickly, too. 


7 comments:

  1. I love the four seasons also. I always look forward to the different ones. Today we are going to have rain but the last few days have been around 60. Honestly I want some cooler weather for November. After the rain today - they say it will get cooler.
    P.S. I never had an electric blanket.
    Kim
    Kimberly's Korner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Love your list....I know what you mean about being thankful for hubby and mentioning more than once. I feel the same way about mine....and it is worth mentioning more than once! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so grateful for God's mercy indeed! I definitely know I was/am not worthy of it and I'm so thankful despite that, he still sent Jesus to die for my sins.

    I'm with you about the cold; we don't get the cold weather like you guys do, but I'm already feeling the coldness in the air and bundling myself up more.

    Your husband sounds like such a wonderful man! But then of course we know that because he married you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list of things to be thankful for today. I hope your day is a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of thanks. I may not be able to relate to all of them, but God's mercy is at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful about your husband, what a blessing. I could never do a electric blanket, I usually have only the sheet on me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Electric Blankets are wonderful! And Husbands as well are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)