I’ve been a busy little bee in my sewing room lately … but sewing together log cabin blocks just takes a while. There are 16 strips to be sewn onto the “chimney” for my block that will finish at 9” square. I think I’m in the ballpark of 30 blocks completed, which means I’m about 1/3 of the way done. It’s ok … I’m making this quilt for us, so there’s no deadline.
I did take a bit of a break late this morning to check on the flowers I planted on Wednesday.
Left: The yellow flower is a New Day Yellow Gazania. The pink flowers (in the rectangular planter) are Cherry Blossom Superbells (Calibrachoas – related to petunias). Right: The green-yellow leafed plant is an Impatien. The collection in the solid gray pot includes Dracaena (spikes), Spellbound White Trailing Impatiens, and Tango Rose Mega Splash Geranium. Center: Lanai Bright Pink Verbena (in the cute planter that DD & family gave me for Christmas last year). You can click on the picture to enlarge it.
While out and about, I checked on some other plants in my landscaping.
Clockwise from top left: A start of a sedum that my dad gave me; his neighbor gave him a start a few years back. I’ve got the perfect spot for it as soon as I can persuade DH to dig up a bush that I don’t really care for. My hydrangea is in bloom, and my hosta is getting ready to bloom (the buds were cropped by Picasa when I created the collage). And of course, my garden flag commemorating the 2011 World Series Cardinals.
I neglected to get photos of my Knockout Roses (which are in full bloom). I’ll get pictures of them when my Balloon Flowers (planted around the roses) finally start blooming.