Wednesday, May 30, 2012
1. What can the average citizen do to honor a military veteran and/or those currently serving?
Never, ever take for granted the freedom they fought for.
2. Besides a flag what is something you own that is red, white and blue?
The log cabin quilt I’m currently piecing is red, white and blue.
3. Does love really conquer all?
Yes, sooner or later Love really conquers all. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1st Peter 4:8
4. Strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie?
Definitely strawberry shortcake – with whipped cream on top, of course. I’m not much of a fan of blueberries … I’ll eat them if they’re in something where their flavor is more subtle (like pancakes or muffins).
5. Do you share personal stuff with your hairdresser?
I guess it depends on how you define “personal”. Private stuff - no. But things about me, my life – yes.
6. Does money lead to selfishness?
I don’t think money itself does … but the love of money can. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. 1st Timothy 6:10a
7. What piece of furniture in your home most needs replacing or refinishing?
We just had our end tables refinished, so we don’t have any furniture that needs refinishing. Our hardwood floors need to be refinished, but I don’t guess that counts as furniture. I would like to have our couch replaced or reupholstered (could that be considered refinishing?). The couch is still in excellent condition, but esthetically the upholstery is showing the couch’s age (we bought it almost 20 years ago). Of course, if I replace/reupholster the couch, that means I’ll have to replace/reupholster the chairs, too. <sigh>
8. Insert your own random here.
I sewed together rows of my log cabin quilt yesterday … I got 9 of the 10 rows put together. Next up is piecing together the rows to make the quilt top (i.e. flimsie in quilt talk). Hopefully I’ll have a picture to share soon.