Monday, May 21, 2012

Miscellany Monday

miscellany monday at<br />lowercase letters

 

Goodness knows that I need something (anything) to make my mundane interesting.  Winking smile

 

I had a good time with my sister in town.  My sister who lives near Chicago was unable to come down, but my sister who lives in Austin came in.  She treated us to hotel rooms near the airport in St. Louis.  It was fun to watch the planes taking off.  After we checked out, we came here to our house, where DD & family joined us for lunch.  The littles were getting tired just as it was time to take my sister back to the airport for her return to Texas.  Perfect timing.

 

 

It sure felt great to get back home and into my routine last night.  After dinner, DH had to go help count offerings at church, so I spent my evening in the sewing room.  I was able to piece together several more blocks … it felt so good to get back to the sewing machine that I stayed up until after midnight piecing <gasp!>.

 

 

We finally got a little rain last night … not enough to really do any good.  I thought sure that I’d guarantee a good rain after I got the hose out and watered all my new plants.  The rain brought in cooler weather … for the next couple of days; it’ll be in the mid 90’s by the weekend.

 

 

We have small group tonight.  Between missing time when we went to Hilton Head and missing last week (I’ll take T-time over small group any day of the week), I don’t know where we’re at in our study.

 

 

Other than small group tonight, there’s nothing on Monday’s schedule here at Chez Nana … with getting to bed so late while getting up at the usual time, it’s going to be nice to have a lazy day here at home. 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, Loved hearing about your weekend; I know you'll get back into your routine quickly. I still can't get into the sewing room-just want to sit outside and read or garden.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure glad you had a nice time with your sis and family! why don't you just relax and enjoy a little down time? recharge the batteries and all that...

    i thought we were going to get more rain last night that we did. barely got a sprinkling, although the wind kicked up pretty good for a while there.

    have a good one!

    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, having a quiet day at home sounds wonderful. I did that study in that book along time ago, I should get it out again. I like Philip Yancy.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to have a small group. My husband I had a group for many, many years. After time though some moved away and once couple divorced. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're supposed to get rain here tonight. Hopefully, I'll get my four new flowers potted before the rain. haha

    Our women's Bible study just ended last week, so we have the summer off. I love our group and our time together, but I am ready for the break too.

    Glad you're getting time with you family and time to quilt too. I actually worked on the baby afghan I'm making last night. It was nice to get back to that too. The baby's due in July, so I really need to spend some time crocheting so I can get it finished.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend. So glad you enjoyed your visit with your sister. Enjoy your quiet day today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you love the slower pace of retired life? I LOVE not having anything on my calendar! Tonight I have my granddaughter's end-of-the-year school program, but the rest of the week is looking free and clear :)

    Occasionally I get caught up in a late-night project, too! It's so peaceful then :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your week-end sounds good....glad you had a good time with your sister. Quilting while it is raining sounds perfect too. Enjoy your quiet day...I'm doing the same after a busy week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you stay up that late? I'd be so cranky today! And would have eaten everything in the house to make myself stay awake. So glad you enjoyed your visit! I enjoy visits but I'm also glad to get back to my own routine. We've been enjoying some rain for the last few weeks which is a very nice change from last year when we hardly got any at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad you got some sister and sewing time! hope you enjoyed your lazy day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think mundane is very nice, myself! I rather have mundane then drama :)

    I too like to watch planes land and take off. Sadly, I don't like to fly :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love sister time. I only have one and I usually only get to see her once a year at Christmas. In June we are meeting in Tampa to spend time with a cousin. Girl time. We all need it don't we?

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)