Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Fragments

 

Mommy's Idea

 

It’s Friday again, the week is coming to an end, the weekend is in sight, and it’s time for some Fragments.

 

I’m still doing laundry from our trip … I’m beginning to think that it’s going to take as long to do the laundry as it did to take our trip.  ha!

 

 

I started recording NCIS Season 9 rerun in the middle of July, and I’ve been watching them while quilting … I won’t have seen the entire season, but I should be caught up enough when Season 10 begins next Tuesday.

 

 

Wednesday afternoon DH and I got some work done out in the yard.  We put in a fence for our pups when we moved in … before the lawn was established.  A couple of the gates didn’t have quite enough clearance to swing open easily, so we’ve been talking about removing a layer of sod to create enough clearance for the gates … since we are going to need to do some reseeding this fall, we thought this would be the perfect time to work on the lawn around the gates.  Even 2 days later, my arms, back and legs are still sore. 

 

 

Our new headboard (for our new bed) was finally delivered yesterday … and the headboard is too tall … covering up part of the pictures.  Even though I’m working on a wall quilt that will go on that wall (instead of the pictures), I had to move those pictures up 5 inches … it just bugged me no end to have the headboard covering up part of the pictures. 

 

 

We like to pick up puzzles as souvenirs of our trips, and we hit the mother lode of souvenir puzzles in the Outer Banks … I think we’ll be set for puzzles to work this winter.  We’ve got one started already.

 

 

I’ve been invited to two neighborhood Pampered Chef parties this weekend … figures – I just added several items to DD’s order from a Pampered Chef party she attended.  Winking smile

 

 

Fall starts tomorrow, and our weather will be cooperating with highs in the upper 60’s … perfect weather for a pot of chili and some pumpkin bread  … and some quilting. 

 

19 comments:

  1. Good morning! haha I would have bugged me too even if it was for only a couple of days I would have moved the pics, or at least taken them down. Anxious to see the new headboard. ; ) Oh how I am living for our weather to change like that too. We have been in the 90's all week, and yesterday hit 100 AGAIN! SIGH....Enjoy your week-end! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read that NCIS begins. I didn't know that. I am curious to find out what happens to Duckie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puzzles are fun - I'm guessing they are the picture type.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying the cooler temps too. Starting to want soups and chili. There is nothing like Fall comfort foods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the pamper chef parties go well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you get puzzles for souvenirs! I LOVE that idea!!!

    Oh my... I'm still doing laundry from our vacation... 2 years ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unpacking and doing laundry--my least favorite parts of vacation!
    I'm looking forward to the first cool spell here, so I can make a pot of chili :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've already had a busy week getting things done since you got home. It is so much cooler here today and so pleasant to be out and about. My oldest told me that snow if predicted here in two weeks-tell me it isn't so. November is fine, Thanksgiving better, but the beginning of Oct.-I really hope not. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What nice weather! I can't believe your weather is so nice. After that hot summer you had I bet you are enjoying every minute. Is there ever any end to laundry.
    I had to laugh about your new headboard being so tall. It would have driven me crazy if it covered my pictures.
    Well have a really nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do think it takes a week at home to recover from a week away! I put soup on the menu here for next week. Definitely feeling like fall and I just picked up some mums from the nursery in honor of that : ) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!!! Another person on the face of this planet who KNOWS that it is just now, as of tomorrow, fall!!! I just wonder why so many folks push all their season ahead by a month or two??? Let me have winter ALL winter, and spring ALL spring and summer ALL summer and - - -well, you get the idea.

    I adore jig saw puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are enjoying the new head board nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still waiting for cooler weather to make it here! Glad you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a gate that needs some work too so that it will not hang up, but don't think we'll get that remedied this weekend. :o)

    I agree, laundry is the worst after a trip. Well, mail is running it a close 2nd. :o)

    Have a great weekend welcoming Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum on the chili and bread!! Love your tradition about getting puzzles from trips; when you work them, it helps bring back the memories of your special times :)

    I'm excited to see the season opener for NCIS. I'm sure it will be a good one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one of the greatest things about fall... soups, chili, warm casseroles. It has been too hot to eat down here in Georgia but maybe, just maybe the cool weather will hold. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's 7pm and I'm just finishing up my last load of laundry!
    How exciting to be all caught up on your show and now you can watch the new season premiere. The headboard covering the pictures would have bothered me too. Pampered Chef has the best things. Sounds like you had a nice dinner tonight.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The worst part about the end of vacation is the laundry! It seems never ending anyway, but when it's all piled up....ugh!

    I desperately need to do some yard work mainly in the form of weeding! They'll grow when nothing else will! We had that same gate issue for a while.

    I hate that the headboard is higher than you thought.....but I'll bet it's pretty and can't wait to see the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait for NCIS to start. I'll actually be at Bible Study, so I probably won't get to see it until Wednesday for Thursday night.

    I love working puzzles, but it's been awhile since I've set one up at home. Think I may have to do that real soon. I have a couple of good ones that the family has passed on to me. After they work them, I get them.

    Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)