Wednesday, September 26, 2012
It’s Wednesday … aka Hump Day … aka Hodgepodge Day!
1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge this week falls on John Chapman's birth date. He's more famously known as Johnny Appleseed...what's your favorite variety of apple?
I prefer a tarter apple, one that’s very crisp. I like Jonathans and Granny Smiths. I keep meaning to try a Honey Crisp … everyone I know who’s had one raves about them.
2. When did you last say 'ick'?
I cannot remember, but I’m sure I’ve used “icky” when with the Ts.
3. Do you think there's a generation gap? Explain.
Sure, I think there always is a generation gap. Our outlook or perspective changes as we get older … I think there’d be a generation gap between ourselves in our teens and ourselves in our 40’s or 50’s. So why are we surprised that there’s a generation gap between teens and their parents?
4. What's on your computer screen saver? Do you leave it alone or change it often?
I use Windows My Picture Slide Show for my screen saver … so I’m regaled with pictures of the Ts. I don't change it ... since it's a slide show, it's always a little different ... and since it's of the Ts, I never get bored. Each one of my grands, at the age of 2-4 or so, has loved to sit on my lap and see the pictures … and I think Nana has enjoyed that every bit as much as the Ts did. My wallpaper is also a picture of my Ts ... I change it whenever I get a more current picture of all 4 of them together.
5. If you had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, what would you say?
Jesus loves you … trust Him. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. That promise is for YOU.
6. Four fashion trends to try this fall are-brocade/jacquard (fancy printed fabrics), peplum, lace, and printed pants...which of these four would you be most likely to wear?
I don’t know that I’ll be wearing any of those. My taste in clothing has always run toward the traditional … think Lands End, LL Bean, etc.
7. What can make your bad day better?
My Ts. Even just looking at pictures of them will brighten my day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had a storm front move in ‘round about 4:00 yesterday afternoon … and the local stations devoted the next 3 hours to covering the storms. I was worried that they’d extend their coverage into prime time, but thankfully they restricted their coverage to the commercial breaks so I didn’t miss a minute of NCIS. whew!
Today’s forecast is for more of the same as far as rain and storms are concerned. DH reseeded the lawn yesterday just as the front was moving in … perfect timing.