Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge




It’s Wednesday … aka Hump Day … aka Hodgepodge Day!

1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge this week falls on John Chapman's birth date.  He's more famously known as Johnny Appleseed...what's your favorite variety of apple?
I prefer a tarter apple, one that’s very crisp.  I like Jonathans and Granny Smiths.  I keep meaning to try a Honey Crisp … everyone I know who’s had one raves about them. 

2.   When did you last say 'ick'?
I cannot remember, but I’m sure I’ve used “icky” when with the Ts.

3.   Do you think there's a generation gap?  Explain.
Sure, I think there always is a generation gap.  Our outlook or perspective changes as we get older … I think there’d be a generation gap between ourselves in our teens and ourselves in our 40’s or 50’s.  So why are we surprised that there’s a generation gap between teens and their parents? 

4.  What's on your computer screen saver?  Do you leave it alone or change it often?
I use Windows My Picture Slide Show for my screen saver … so I’m regaled with pictures of the Ts.  I don't change it ... since it's a slide show, it's always a little different ... and since it's of the Ts, I never get bored.  Each one of my grands, at the age of 2-4 or so, has loved to sit on my lap and see the pictures … and I think Nana has enjoyed that every bit as much as the Ts did.  My wallpaper is also a picture of my Ts ... I change it whenever I get a more current picture of all 4 of them together.

5.  If you had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, what would you say?
Jesus loves you … trust Him.  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  That promise is for YOU.

6.  Four fashion trends to try this fall are-brocade/jacquard (fancy printed fabrics), peplum, lace, and printed pants...which of these four would you be most likely to wear?
I don’t know that I’ll be wearing any of those.  My taste in clothing has always run toward the traditional … think Lands End, LL Bean, etc.   
 
7.  What can make your bad day better?
My Ts.  Even just looking at pictures of them will brighten my day.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
We had a storm front move in ‘round about 4:00 yesterday afternoon … and the local stations devoted the next 3 hours to covering the storms.  I was worried that they’d extend their coverage into prime time, but thankfully they restricted their coverage to the commercial breaks so I didn’t miss a minute of NCIS.  whew!  

Today’s forecast is for more of the same as far as rain and storms are concerned.  DH reseeded the lawn yesterday just as the front was moving in … perfect timing.   



21 comments:

  1. Those grands can certainly make a Nana's or a Gran's day, can't they? Someone said..."grandchildren are our reward for growing old". I think they were right!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the generation gap answer and also on the 2 minutes.

    I'm hoping to watch NCIS tonight. I can't wait to see it.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your answer for number 4! And yep, grands sure make our days don't they? Mom taped NCIS last night too...I thought of you, haha! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure with littles around the need to say 'ick' arises on occasion : ) I forgot about the Honeycrisps but I think I still prefer the Galas. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little darlings always make the day better! (Even if it means some 'ick' now and then.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your answer to the question about the generation gap. Today's different answers to this question have been interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never used the word "ick" that I remember but now I probably will hear it slipping out because just reading it is a subtle suggestion and my mind works strangely. HA!

    Pictures of my grands can cheer me up in a second, and I have lots of them around!

    I love the two minutes speech and that's exactly what the world needs to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grandchildren can make my day. My youngest grandson just has to smile and show his one dimple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when weather messes up a good show :)

    Ahhh - you're good with your 2 minutes! I would freak out & freeze - I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NCIS was great wasn't it. I am glad all of the team is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like your generation gap answer. Our perspective does change as we get older. Though I still may not agree with decisions my parents made, I can understand their view as an adult. My parents never explained their decisions just doled them out. One thing I did differently with my kids. I tried to explain to them the whys and tried to be open to discussion regarding them unless basic safety was involved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe everyone I have read so far today believes in the generation gap. We live it every day. Like your answer to #5 and well said.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, I do think our perspective changes with age-one thought that crosses my mind is not to sweat the small stuff. Life is short. I never got into NCIS but the new season looks great. I'm trying to finish my bible study for the week and then I hope to sew. We had rain all night and it is supposed to rain tonight too. Have a great afternoon my friend.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried a slide show screen saver but all I did was look at it over and over and over again. LOL It drives me nuts when the weather dudes start all that coverage. They get so excited and, around here, they're usually just wasting everyone's time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh you SHOULD try a Honeycrisp! If you can find one from Minnesota, even better. That's where they were invented.
    Super message to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like Granny Smiths, it's all I buy unless I'm at the Ochard. Your right, I don't think I have used icky since my kids were little. Yes your T's are a great way to brighten your day. Glad you got to see your NCIS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deep thoughts today - like ick! lol I think I like Gala apples.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the advice you would give to the world; if only they would listen! What did you think of the season premiere of NCIS? I found it a little bit lacking, though glad to see everyone was safe!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved your answers! Yes, DO try Honey Crisp apples, they are so good.

    Ick... sometimes there isn't a better word for certain things, unless it is yuck! My mom was born in Norway and their word was UFF DA... I still find myself saying it. That word KNOWS what I am feeling and covers it better than anything else I can say. :)

    Jesus loves me this I know... nothing better than knowing that, is there?

    Good blog, I had fun reading all the answers!

    Oh, one more thing, my dad tried out with the St.Louis Cardinals before he went into the ministry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just posted my view of the NCIS season opener this morning. Truthfully, I wouldn't think you'd've missed much with the weather coverage.

    And you're such a devoted loving grandmother, I love that of you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't you hate it when regular programming is pre-empted by something that doesn't concern you? And then you feel just a little guilty about being more concerned about a tv show instead of people's lives!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)