Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



We're halfway through the week ... Hump Day.  That means it's time for some Hodgepodge.

1. In your opinion what's the most important job in the world? Oh, and parenting is a given so besides parenting, what's the most important job in the world?
If I cannot choose parenting, then I’ll choose teaching … an education makes all other jobs possible. 
“Next in importance to freedom and justice is popular education, without which neither freedom nor justice can be permanently maintained.” 
James A. Garfield 

2. Share a favorite or not so favorite memory from a childhood birthday.
You know … I’m not recalling a single memory from a specific birthday.  I know we always celebrated birthdays … maybe I’ve had a few too many birthdays?  But I do remember being grateful that my birthday was just over a month after Christmas … whatever I didn’t get for Christmas would then go on my birthday wish list.

3. Peanut butter-crunchy or smooth?
Crunch … I’m not a fan of peanut butter, but if I’m going to have some, it’s got to be crunchy.

4. William Butler Yeats is credited as saying, "Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing." Your thoughts?
Stagnation is not good … for water or for people.  Growth may not always bring happiness at the time, but absence of growth will not bring true happiness. 

5. What's something that makes you cringe?
Hearing an adult treat a child rudely.

6. Name a song that always puts you in a good mood?
Happy Day by Fee


7. The answer is yes. What's the question?
Are you ready to feel sand between your toes?

8. Insert your own random thought here.
The weather continues to be wacky here ... we've got a heat warning issued for today ... we could see 100 or close to it.  The good news is that there's a front coming in behind this heat that will cool things off.  

17 comments:

  1. I agree about education being a hard job! But wait a minute.....you don't like peanut butter????? I could exist on peanut butter and it is a staple for me when hunger strikes! :)

    I hope you get to feel the sand between your toes and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in a hot spell here too & cant believe the heats back... sigh... Where's Fall?!?!?!

    love Fee!!! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready to feel some of that sand between my toes again, too. Hopefully, I'll get to make at least one more trip before cooler weather sets in.

    I can deal with heat, but this humidity and swarms of mosquitoes are killing me! We have a West Nile Virus warning in effect...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that song on my phone...love it! It won't be long until you're beach bound! WOO HOO! I completely agree with your answer for #1. Fall needs to move in quickly because I get eaten alive by mosquitoes every time I go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had almost the same answer for #5. Here, we have rain! It's warm rain, but rain none the less. Hope you get more sand between your toes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I'll get back to commenting later but just tried to send you an email with pics and it came back-it was your email at Charter.net Do you have another email?
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great questions and answers.
    My answer for #6 would be The Race is On by George Jones. Puts me in a good mood whenever I hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that cold front looks so nice. I was watching it on the Doppler as it drops out of Canada. I really like your quotes today. I think I would like to sit and visit with you and talk, you could quilt and I would hook.
    Those quotes make me think deeply today.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe if we all got together and synchronized a time and offered up a prayer for a long, chilly fall at the same time, God would give it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always ready for the sand between my toes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very hot here, too. :) feel the sand between your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teachers is a great answer! I experienced a two parents yelling at their son in Target yesterday. I just wanted to hug the poor boy. His father said "shut up your stupid." Enjoy the sand between your toes. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teaching...a very good answer! And I like what you said about growth, too. Sorry about your hot days...hope you don't have too many!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Our weather is supposed to cool off to 73 degrees on Friday and Saturday-which means I'll be able to weed-if I can get my rear in gear and get motivated. I finished making the binding for my fall quilt and will begin sewing it down tonight. Then I have a small wall hanging to bind and ufo's will be done, thus my new quilt can start. Loved reading the answers to the questions. I was a teacher and hated hearing parents or anyone putting kids down. Have a great evening.
    xxxoooNoreen

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have a small reprieve from the heat coming our way for a few days, it will bring rain with it, but I will take it.
    I am always ready to feel sand between my toes. I do love the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you get to feel the sand soon. I got to see if for a few minutes while in Florida. Unfortunately, we were only there a very short time before we were told we had to leave due to an upcoming storm.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)