Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



The bloggy break is over … it was a long (and busy) couple of weeks … I loved every. single. minute but am so glad to be back home and back into my routine … and what better way to get back to my blogging routine than with the Hodgepodge. 

1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older?
Best thing? Grandkids! Red heart
Worst thing? Aches and pains.
Seriously though, the good things far outweigh the bad things with growing older … and I wouldn’t go back to my earlier years even if I could. 
 
2. Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season?
I was going to say cooler temperatures – I love being able to open windows.  In fact, the minute we got home, I threw open all the doors and windows … only to have to close most all of them a couple of minutes later as it was getting pretty chilly inside here … I’m glad I closed them all as it got down to 45 last night. <brrrrrr>  That reminded me of what I love least about autumn … so maybe I need to come up with something else?  How about the beautiful fall colors?  Not that I’m expecting much in the way of beautiful foliage here in Illinois … at least not here at my house where the leaves on all our trees turned brown in July due to the excessive heat and drought.  Sad smile
 
3. Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?
I don’t know that I’m a fan … pumpkin isn’t one of my favorite flavors … but I do like pumpkin bread (especially if it’s got pecans, too) and pumpkin dump cake.
 
4. Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?
About 9 years ago(?), I was with DD and T#1 at a restaurant … I leaned over to help T#1 and my chair slid out from under me. I landed right on my tail bone. I blame that fall for the shingles outbreak a couple of months later.  Winking smile
 
5. If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?
I don’t know.   
 
6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?
Transpeninsular.  
 
7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal?
Honestly, I cannot remember when I locked myself out of my house, car or office. Surely I did at some point (I mean, haven’t we all?) … but I certainly cannot remember doing so.  Thankfully it’s a lot less likely to  happen now … I’m retired so no office to lock myself out of, and our garage has an exterior entry system, so I can always get back into the house if I somehow lock myself out.  That leaves just the car … and why do I have the feeling that I’ll lock my keys in the car at some point in the near future?  Disappointed smile 
 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
10 states in 10 days … 17 borders crossed. Our trip is over … we’re back home and unpacked (although I’m still doing laundry). I’ll share pictures soon.

22 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your trip! Last year we had so much rain the leaves were not as vibrant as normal. The two falls prior were spectacular and I'm hoping for one of those this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on number one too. I am so much smarter now, but have some aches and pains. lol Love grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your back and look forward to seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing about your trip! Sure agree with you on number 1. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you had a great time! Home always feels so good, doesn't it? On my way to look up Transpeninsular.~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad wait to hear about your trip. I just made pumpkin bread this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great vacation. Can't wait to hear about it and to see your pictures.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait to see pics... I bet it was wonderful!

    Grandkids - perfect answer to #1!!!

    that #6 word made me look at it a few times... wasnt sure you werent putting something nasty on here! haha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back!!! It sounds like a busy trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from the hodgepodge, and following :) I think you should locate your spare car keys, because you may have jinxed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to see that you've returned and that you had a great time! Wow...that's a lot of traveling you did, but I'm sure it was worth every mile! I look so forward to having grandkids to spoil one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW 10 states in 10 days!! How many time zones was that? I love the colors of fall as well and we are having some amazing colors up here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! I've missed your posts. Didn't realize you were on a trip, but can't wait to hear about it!

    Ouch! Your fall sounds like a painful one--and I know the shingles were!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woah! Trip in 10 days-can't wait to hear. Pumpkin bread with pecans sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome home! We missed you! 10 states in 10 days. WOW! that's some traveling!

    Pumpkin doesn't seem to be the favorite of very many, but I do love it, any way you fix it!

    We're enjoying a little cooler temps but nothing near 45 just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip...look forward to hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that was a lot of traveling! Glad you are back safe and sound!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had a busy trip.
    I too love the cooler temps and the colors of Fall. I don't open the windows much due to allergies and such, but I do enjoy the cool air when outside.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you enjoyed your trip!!! And yes, that's the least favorite part of traveling...getting home with tons of laundry.

    Now I have to go look up the 'word' in Google Dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that was quite a trip. Can't believe you covered so much ground. I'm glad you made it home safely. Sorry about the fall you had, that had to hurt. Very interesting word!
    Thank you for the link on the dump cake. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)