Wednesday, September 19, 2012
The bloggy break is over … it was a long (and busy) couple of weeks … I loved every. single. minute but am so glad to be back home and back into my routine … and what better way to get back to my blogging routine than with the Hodgepodge.
1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older?
Best thing? Grandkids!
Worst thing? Aches and pains.
Seriously though, the good things far outweigh the bad things with growing older … and I wouldn’t go back to my earlier years even if I could.
2. Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season?
I was going to say cooler temperatures – I love being able to open windows. In fact, the minute we got home, I threw open all the doors and windows … only to have to close most all of them a couple of minutes later as it was getting pretty chilly inside here … I’m glad I closed them all as it got down to 45 last night. <brrrrrr> That reminded me of what I love least about autumn … so maybe I need to come up with something else? How about the beautiful fall colors? Not that I’m expecting much in the way of beautiful foliage here in Illinois … at least not here at my house where the leaves on all our trees turned brown in July due to the excessive heat and drought.
3. Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?
I don’t know that I’m a fan … pumpkin isn’t one of my favorite flavors … but I do like pumpkin bread (especially if it’s got pecans, too) and pumpkin dump cake.
4. Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?
About 9 years ago(?), I was with DD and T#1 at a restaurant … I leaned over to help T#1 and my chair slid out from under me. I landed right on my tail bone. I blame that fall for the shingles outbreak a couple of months later.
5. If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?
I don’t know.
6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?
7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal?
Honestly, I cannot remember when I locked myself out of my house, car or office. Surely I did at some point (I mean, haven’t we all?) … but I certainly cannot remember doing so. Thankfully it’s a lot less likely to happen now … I’m retired so no office to lock myself out of, and our garage has an exterior entry system, so I can always get back into the house if I somehow lock myself out. That leaves just the car … and why do I have the feeling that I’ll lock my keys in the car at some point in the near future?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
10 states in 10 days … 17 borders crossed. Our trip is over … we’re back home and unpacked (although I’m still doing laundry). I’ll share pictures soon.