Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Trivia

 

Yesterday was just “one of those days”.  By the end of the day, I was exhausted and had a splitting headache.  A good night’s sleep has restored me … and I’m ready for another day … thankfully today looks to be a lot less chaotic.

 

We’ve had an awful lot of thunder in the last 6 hours … but almost no rain to show for it.  We’ve got rain in the forecast for these next 4 days … hopefully we’ll actually get some accumulation at some point.

 

Tonight’s the night!  Season 10 of NCIS starts!  After watching back-to-back episodes all summer (Seasons 1-8 on DVD and half of Season 9 on the DVR), it’s going to be a loooong wait between episodes now that I’m watching live.  Winking smile

 

I repurposed a large framed print above our fireplace when we moved in, but I’ve been wanting to switch that to something else … it really isn’t “my style” any more,  but I just didn’t know what to put up there in its place.  It finally occurred to me that I’d like to put up a beach print … I’ll love having a little bit of the beach here in the living room and it would definitely say that this is Nana & Papa’s house! 

 

I don’t know if it’s the overcast sky or the crazy day yesterday, but I’m feeling pretty lazy this morning … need to get myself up and going. I’m going to make a pot of white chili today … and maybe a loaf of pumpkin bread, too.  I Red heart fall.

 

13 comments:

  1. I've been looking out of my office window to grey skies, listening to thunder all morning... & wanting to take a nap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lazy and foggy day here too. A big pot of white chili sounds perfect. What time is dinner being served?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at Quilt Camp with blue skies, sun, and no wind! Wish you were here! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see NCIS tonight!! All of the major cast members signed their contracts so that none of them were killed in the explosion. Duckie is OK too!!

    Raining here today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning! Listening to thunder and smelling pumpkin bread and chili sounds sooo good. Hope you get some good rain too. It is suppose to be around 90 here today...sigh, and heating up EVEN MORE by this week-end. Good thing I will be gone, haha. You have got me thinking I should try watching NCIS...I have NEVER seen a single episode. But I think I will go back from the beginning and watch. I love our Netflix. It has gotten so I can barely stand to even watch DVR and have to fast forward through commercials, and regular TV? We NEVER do. We will tape and watch the following night speeding through commercials, haha...soo spoiled. Have a good day Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds nice, I can't wait until we get a stormy day. I always wondered how you get anything done with thunder booming all around.
    I think your picture sounds nice too. That is a good reminder to how much you love the beach.
    You know I watch most things on DVD or on Hulu or buy it off of Itunes. I have gotten spoiled that way. It is hard when you love a show and then have to wait the normal way.
    I hope you have a nice quiet day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've often thought that I'd love to have a large beach print, too, but I don't have much open wall space, due to an abundance of shelves. I hope you find just the right one--and that looking at it will give you lots of pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It feels like a chili day here, too. I made pumpkin bread on Saturday. My house smelled delicious! My daughter has a delightful beach picture over her clawfoot tub. It's always like a little vacation when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have also been waiting for the NCIS episode tonight. White chili and pumpkin bread sound good but its still too warm here to do "cold weather" cooking just yet...we will probably do some grilling tonight, hope you get that much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweet friend, We had rain here last night and let me tell you it poured; we also have some lightning but no thunder. One grand inparticular is frightened of storms. It was a long evening and has been some long days. The girls are all stressed and picking at eachother which gets this nana very stern. The family come home tonight-yes! Once I get back into my routine I'll be just fine-just don't do well without a lot of sleep. Enjoy your afternoon & evening. Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love pumpkin bread! I know what you mean about the picture. Funny how we have something for a long time and then one day, we say "I don't think I like that anymore!" Hope you find just the right print for your spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO excited about NCIS tonight! I know what you mean about watching a series on dvd/netflix. I tend to forget when the shows are really on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your enjoyed your NCIS. I think a beach picture would be a lovely choice. I do love all the Fall foods and the recipes floating around Pinterest! Debby

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)