Saturday, September 1, 2012

Weekend Daybook


I enjoyed the Daybook I did on Thursday and have been wanting to do blog entries over weekends, so I’ve decided to come up with my own daybook for weekends. 

FOR TODAY Saturday September 1
Outside my window...
The clouds are rolling in … right now it’s not raining (we’re in the eye of the storm)… we got almost 2” last night and the Weather Channel website is predicting another 2-5” … and I am hoping for the 5”.


I am thinking...
That I’ll spend my afternoon quilting. What else is there to do on a rainy day? Winking smile

I am thankful...
For rain.


In the kitchen...
Our counters are in.  I’m very pleased with how they look.  I have a sink, but the plumber won’t be here to hook up the faucets until Tuesday.  Click on the picture to open to a larger view.Counters 004


I am wearing...
Capris and t-shirt. 

I am creating...
A wall quilt … I got some quilting done last night … it took me a good while to figure out how to quilt it. 


I am going...
To see if I can find any quilt shops in the Outer Banks.  Perhaps I can bring home some fabric as a souvenir.  Winking smile


I am wondering...
If the Cardinals can make a comeback similar to what they did last August … they were 10 1/2 games out of a playoff spot with just a month left to play and came back to not only make it to the playoffs but to win the World Series.


I am hoping...
That we can get together this weekend with DD and her family to have an early birthday celebration … she’ll turn 37 on Tuesday.


I am looking forward to...
Fall … I love the cool, crisp weather of fall … windows open, sweatshirts and sweaters, pumpkins, soup.


Around the house...
Things are getting back to normal now … I’m thrilled with the changes we’ve made, but I don’t cope well with chaos and disorder, so I’m really looking forward to getting our house back to normal. 

Plans for the weekend...
Other than trying to get together with DD and her family, we really don’t have a lot planned for this holiday weekend.  With rain in the forecast for the next couple of days, I think we just may have a lazy weekend here at Chez Nana … maybe start a puzzle, watch a movie. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember the Cardinal comeback last year. And you know the Cards are very good at that sort of thing. I sure miss Pujols though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your counters look great! enjoy them.

    Relax and enjoy the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that rain is heading across Illinois, I know it is needed! I wear capris almost year round, my favorite pants.
    Go Cardinals!!! Happy Birthday DD. Can't wait to see the kitchen. Enjoy your weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The counters are gorgeous...I know you will enjoy them. Still pricing over here. So hard to know what to do because I really want to maybe paint the cupboards too. It was the two things we left when we bought the house and re-did everything and they just are soo old fashioned and don't go with the rest of the house. HOWEVER I don't want to go to the expense of replacing all of those as well. I just want a face lift you know? Anyway, your weather and week-end sound great. We are heading to the beach for our annual end of summer Class family beach day. Got cupcakes in the over. Enjoy your long week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new kitchen. It looks great. Have a very nice rainy day weekend. It sounds so nice. I hope you do get to have a nice time with your family.
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new look, wish I could see a bigger picture. :o)

    I knew you would probably be quilting today. Good for you!

    Wishing you a wonderful Lord's Day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy! Thanks for visiting my place. Glad you got some needed rain. I love quilts...always thought I would like to learn how to do that. About the azaleas...the extension agent here told us that sometimes we over-water them.They prefer drier roots. They also do better when surrounded by organic matter (like mulched leaves) as opposed to fertilizers. Hope the new location works better for you. Sorry about your grand's foot. I know just what you mean about not wanting them to get hurt at your house! I was pretty protective of my own kids, but even more so with theses little ones! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, I LOVE your counter tops and kitchen!Your kitchen looks like I'd like mine to look.
    I finished the quilt and am putting the binding on today so should be able to hand stitch it tonight. I had two granddaughters over for a sleepover last night and can I say I only got about 3 hrs sleep. They were in bed with me and the 5 yr old loves to snuggle, touch etc.I will have a relaxed evening tonight, hubby is due home and tomorrow is our annual Labor Day Parade. Hope you get some quilting done my friend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)