It’s Wednesday again … and we all know that means that it’s time for some Hodgepodge. Why not join in the fun? Just click on the button above.
1. Have you learned more from success or failure? Explain.
I’m sure I’ve learned more from failure … not only have I (eventually) learned how to do whatever it was that I was trying to do, but I also learned patience, perseverance and determination. I learned how to plan, prepare and even succeed from my failures. I also learned that the world wasn’t going to end when I didn’t succeed.
2. What did you call your grandparents when you were growing up? If you have children, what do they call your parents? If you have grandchildren, what do they call you?
I called my grandparents Grandma and Grandpa. When DD became pregnant with T#1, she asked if I wanted to be called something special … and I chose Nana.
3. You're invited to a luau. In keeping with that theme, what dish will you bring to share?
I will take a pineapple upside down cake … it features pineapple, and I love pineapple upside down cake.
4. Besides Jesus, what one person's life story do you think everyone should know about?
5. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Agree or Disagree? Why?
Definitely agree. The small stuff generally doesn’t matter one little bit in the overall scheme of things … so fretting over the small stuff only serves to get us all worked up over something that probably isn’t going to matter in the long run. It also causes us to take our focus on the “big stuff”, the stuff that really matters.
6. June is National Rivers Month. When were you last on a river? What's the prettiest river you've ever seen? What's a river you'd like to see?
The last time we were on a river was last October … we took a river cruise, and I wrote about it here. I’m trying to think of other rivers we’ve seen … I’m not sure that I can recall one that I would classify as pretty, nor can I think of a river that I’d like to see. I’m more of an ocean kind of gal.
7. Speaking of rivers-paddling, fishing, swimming, or bird watching safely from the shore? Which activity would you choose? Yes-you have to choose.
Whatever activity I choose, it will be done safely from the shore … so I’m guessing that means that I’ll choose bird watching.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
DH reports that things aren’t looking very good at our garden … our tomatoes are beginning to show the effects of being underwater over the weekend. Anything that had sprouted from our first planting appears to be doing ok, but nothing has sprouted from our second planting. Hopefully we’ll see some sprouting in the next couple of days. We’re already making alternate plans for next year’s garden … we are thinking about putting in some raised beds out in the back yard.