Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

It’s Wednesday already.  Can you believe we’re already half way through another week … and almost halfway through October? 

1.  In what ways do you indulge yourself?

Occasionally I like to indulge in a bagel from St. Louis Bread Co. (aka Panera Bread Co.).  I do love Bread Co. and since it takes me a little while to get up and going in the mornings, I don’t mind not having to fix breakfast either.  Winking smile


2.  Have you ever taken a cooking class?  Any interest?  What type of class would you most like to try?

I’ve never taken what I would consider a true cooking class … I did take a non-participatory cooking “class” at a local grocery store.  A gal prepared a meal, gave us the recipes and shared the finished results with us.  I wouldn’t mind taking a cooking class or two … I’m just not sure what type of class I’d be interested in.


3. What does it mean to be a good citizen?

A good citizen is someone who obeys the laws of the land and who respects the rights and privileges of citizenship. 


4.  'Tis the season of the political advert...do these ads influence your vote?

Only negatively.  The uglier the campaign, the less likely I am to vote for that candidate/proposition … and unfortunately, that rules out more and more candidates every election.  <sigh>


5.  What's something you see today that makes you wish you were a kid again?

I have to be honest and say that I haven’t seen much these days that would make me wish to be a kid again.  Not only am I quite content with my life right now, but the world has changed so much now, that being a child today can’t compare to the carefree freedom we enjoyed when I was a child (I remember being able to ride my bike all over for hours on end … something that I doubt if kids today are allowed to do).

6.  What's your least favorite cliché?

I’m not a fan of clichés, but I’m not sure that I could come up with a single one that I would say is my least favorite.


7.  What percentage of your Christmas shopping has been completed?  How does that make you feel?

0% … and it doesn’t bother me in the least.  I don’t start thinking about Christmas (including gifts) until after Thanksgiving. 


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

It was pretty chilly onboard the riverboat yesterday, but we enjoyed the cruise. photoWe cruised from 6:00-7:30 … unfortunately clouds moved in before sunset, so this was as close as I could get to a sunset on the river. 

 

photoImagine the view from that home.  It was a shame that the trees hadn’t turned much yet … imagine how beautiful the bluffs would have been had the trees been various shades of red and yellow.

 

Forgive the quality of my photos … I neglected to bring my camera with me Disappointed smile so I used my cell phone (which has a zoom feature that’s nice, but I’ve discovered that the quality of the photos using that feature aren’t as crisp and clear).

21 comments:

  1. I think your photos are fine! I'm glad you liked the curise and yes, the view of that house is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it a dinner cruise? I've always wanted to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! I think the sunset shot is great! Glad you enjoyed it...I have thought often recently anyway about how much harder it would be to be a kid today...ours were much simpler times. Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are still pretty good! glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think your pictures are fine. I assume they are from your iphone? The cruise looks fun! glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly hate the political ads. I try not to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I'm not the only one not even thinking about Christmas presents yet...

    that's so true what you said about being a kid... so true...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on Christmas gifts. Why add stress?! Glad you enjoyed the river cruise - thanks for sharing the pictures! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you, negative ads tend to turn me off to the candidates who sponsor them.

    I think your photos are amazing, especially considering they were taken with your phone. And yes, the view from that house would be "breath-taking"...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's Panera here, but MMMM! The bagels are so good! I'm also a huge fan of their sun-dried tomato bread.

    Now I'm ready for lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful pics from your cruise. I can't imagine living on that hill, but it's beautiful.

    My hubby loves Panera. I like their soup a lot. Not so much the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still looks like a pretty sunset from the river, which is one of my most favorite things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy, aka Nana. My Grandchildren call me Nana also. Lovely pictures. Cruising is fun and relaxing. I have not begun Xmas shopping yet. Glad to hear you are enjoying Panera's bagels. I am your newest follower. I hope you come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures are small but nice! My daughter loves the pumpkin bagels at Panera.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree about the political ads. I don't even watch them.
    St. Louis Bread Co and indulge. Yum! :)
    Fall is coming your way. The leaves are mostly down here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like reading your answers. These were very nice questions this week. I really like your answer to whether or not you would like to be a kid again.
    It was nice and free I think. My early years were so hard I don't think I would ever want to be a kid. I think life now is pretty good and I am thankful to be right where I am right now. I like your pictures and the water looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Panera's is one of our favorites, that's where my husband and I always end up if we decide to go out for breakfast. I loved the photo of the sunset, your phone did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your answer on Christmas shopping. It will get done and I don't stress like I use to years ago. Sounds like you had a nice time on the River Boat. Pretty sunset shot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a great sunset shot!! Sounds like you had a great time on the cruise!! I'm with you about Christmas to think about it after Thanksgiving. Let each holiday have its fanfare so to speak before we start thinking of the next one!

    Enjoy Thursday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can most certainly relate to your answer of 'being a kid' again. I like my life as it is now, but there area some fun things that we didn't have when we were kids...like I mentioned on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I would hate to be a kid now....you're so right about our childhood being carefree!

    I think your pictures are good and even with the clouds, that is a gorgeous sunset!

    I wish I didn't stress about Christmas buying! You have the right attitude!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)