It’s Wednesday … and besides being the middle of the week (aka Hump Day), it’s time for the Hodgepodge!
1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.
Birthdays … my sister turns 60 at the end of the month, and my granddaughter turns 3 on the 15th.
2. Is chivalry dead? Explain.
If it’s not dead, it’s on life support. Part of the cause is from the overzealousness of early feminists who in their desire to be independent and self-sufficient went overboard and refused to allow men to do anything. Another cause might be the self-centeredness that has become so common. I think it’s a shame.
3. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut. Which character is your favorite? Which character is most like you? (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen) If you need a description click here .
I think I can relate most to Charlie Brown as I too struggle with insecurities.
4. What's something you're competitive about?
I’m pretty competitive about most anything … but I do confess that when playing games with my grands, I’ll let them win … until they’re old enough to beat me fair and square on their own, then it’s game on!
5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan? How do you like your popcorn?
Oh yes, I love popcorn. I love fresh kettle corn the best, but a close second would be white cheddar with regular cheddar in third. Hence I ordered the kettle corn and the cheese lover’s popcorns from my Webelo grandson.
6. When did you first realize the world is small?
I’m not sure that there was a moment where I realized that, but it’s obvious that with all the technology out there, with instantaneous news reporting, with high-speed travel, it is a small world.
7. In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?
Maybe it’s not beautiful in the same sense as the Taj Mahal is, but I think the Dana Thomas House in Springfield, IL is beautiful. (note: picture from the Dana Thomas House website http://www.dana-thomas.org/)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve got a couple of random thoughts:
#1 A group of people are meeting with the elders at church tonight … a growing number of us are unhappy with the direction of our church. Please pray that the elders will come with open minds and be willing to actually hear our concerns and then to prayerfully consider them.
#2 I want to share these pictures I took Sunday afternoon out on our deck.
As always, you can click on the pictures to get a better look at them. And if anyone can recognize the plant, please let me know. It was a start from a plant at my dad’s house … it was given to him and either he wasn’t told the name or has forgotten it. I love blooming plants, especially the ones that bloom in the fall.