We’re halfway through this week already … and that means that it’s time for some Hodgepodge.
1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758....besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days?
I no longer own a dictionary. When we downsized to our current home, we had to put our bookcases in the basement. It became much easier/more convenient to just check online than to trudge down to the basement and look up the word.
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
I think it’s just a shame that so many holidays and celebrations are banned (or renamed) because they might be offensive to some. It’s impossible to sanitize life enough that no one will be offended.
3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
The first dog movie that came to my mind was Old Yeller. Several other dog movies then came to my mind, and I realized that they all had sad endings … why is it that movies featuring dogs almost always have the dog die at the end?
4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
Some might consider my morning, as I’m sitting here typing this, too quiet. I’m here all alone (DH has breakfast with friends on Wednesday mornings), and it’s perfectly quiet. But I am quite comfortable with quiet, so I wouldn’t describe it as too quiet.
5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later?
I cannot stand a messy kitchen … so I clean as I go.
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
Cah-razy! My first and all subsequent thoughts were that was just plain crazy. I’m not very adventurous, and I’m not ashamed of that fact.
7. What's not a word but should be?
I’m drawing a blank here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Nothing on my agenda today (possibly the only day this week where I’ll have a free day), so I’m hoping to finish up my wall quilt today. Then I’ll ask DH to help me move my sewing table out to the living room (it’s times like these that I’m glad my sewing table is a standard 5’ metal folding table) so I can start piecing my next quilt (with my new sewing machine!!) and still watch the ball game.
Speaking of ball game, my Cardinals didn’t fare too well Monday night, but there are still 5 games left in this series … and they only have to win 3 more. Game 3 of the series is later this afternoon. Unfortunately there’s a front that’s supposed to move through this afternoon … while we could certainly stand some rain, I’m hoping that the front gets stalled and doesn’t come through until around 9:00PM.