Another Hump Day arrives … and that means it’s time for the Hodgepodge!
1. So, do you like beer?
No, too bitter for my taste. I'm not much of a fan of alcoholic drinks. I can’t seem to acquire a taste for wine … the only drinks I like are fruity/sugary ones where you can’t even taste the alcohol, so it seems rather pointless. So I order dessert instead.
2. What's your least favorite repetitive task?
Cleaning the bathrooms.
3. When was the last time you rode a bus? Where was it headed?
The last time I rode a bus was probably 11-12 years ago. The State University Civil Service system here in Illinois would host a conference in Champaign every fall, and I attended 11-12 years ago. A bus was chartered to transport the attendees from my campus to Champaign and back.
4. What song from your childhood or from your own children's childhood could make a parent's nerves stand on end?
My sister and I used to sing the Siamese cat song from Lady and the Tramp … it would drive our mom batty ... not the song as much as our singing it over and over and over.
5. The US Presidential election cycle is drawing to a close (can I get an AMEN??), and the third and final debate was held last night...what was the last thing you 'debated about'?
AMEN!!!! I’m drawing a blank as to what I last debated.
6. Can a person make too much money? How much is too much?
I wrote, deleted, rewrote, edited, deleted and rewrote my response several times … and I’m still not sure that I can adequately express my thoughts. I’ll just say that I think our attitude about money is far more important than how much money we make.
7. Pop-soda-coke-something else...what's it called where you live?
Pop is another name for dad. Coke is a brand name soft drink. In my neck of the woods, soda is the generic term for carbonated soft drinks.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m making progress on the I-Spy quilt … I have half the blocks completed and am piecing together the remaining half. I hope to start sewing the blocks together by the weekend.
It’s been unseasonably warm here … in the upper 70’s the last 3 days … and into the 80’s today and tomorrow. In fact, when I went to bed last night, it was still 70 degrees outside! A front is supposed to come through on Friday … bringing in highs in the lower 50’s and lows in the lower 30’s.