It’s Wednesday … and look! I’m Hodgepodging first thing this morning!
1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?
I don’t know that I am, but I’m sure that DH would tell you otherwise. I will say that if I feel strongly about something, I have to admit that I’m rather like a dog with a bone.
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?
I love snow … maybe not 15” worth like we got last week, but I do love snow. I like the holidays that come in winter … does that count?
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?
I haven’t knowingly eaten any of them other than kiwi, which would, I guess, make it my favorite of those 5??
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
Seriously? I would expect that a church would be teaching us to do the right thing ALL THE TIME … not just when all else has failed.
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.
I tried skiing once many, many years ago … couldn’t even make it down the bunny slope. And since I can no longer tolerate cold, I have no desire to ski. To be honest, I am not familiar with any of those destinations, so I’m not sure which would I’d choose. Since I would love to cruise up to Alaska and return to the US via a glass-domed train through the Canadian Rockies, and since I assume that Whistler Canada is in the Canadian Rockies, I’ll choose Whistler Canada.
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)
Prior to checking my blog list, I checked out Facebook … I belong to a group dedicated to hand quilting. Since I can’t find a guild locally, this group has become my guild.
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m continuing to make progress, slowly but surely on my Storm at Sea. I’m about halfway done with the quilting (I know! Even I’m asking “aren’t you done YET?!?!”) … and I discovered a piece of my white-on-white with the wrong side out! I can’t tell you how carefully I pieced that quilt top, having to use my seam ripper several times to rip out pieces that I had turned wrong side out … I was sure that I had all my WoW turned correctly! Evidently not!
If you click on the photo, it should open up to a larger image … notice the bubbles on the large white triangle in the middle … and compare them to the bubbles on the white patch just to the left.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!