It’s Wednesday … and that means it’s Hodgepodge time! Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts our weekly fun. Why not join in … just click the button above.
1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
I don’t remember taking any field trips back in the day. And as a single working mom, I was never able to chaperone one of DD’s school field trips.
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
I have Adblock Plus installed on my laptop, so I’m spared all the annoying ads online. What I’m tired of seeing are all the political posts on Facebook … and we’re still several months from the upcoming mid-term elections.
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
I tend to wear rose-colored glasses. And speaking of roses:
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
I prefer charcoal, but it’s just so much work and takes so much time, that we use our gas grill when we grill outdoors. DH is our griller, although I will grill when we’re going to have chicken (as he doesn’t have as good a handle on the concept of removing the meat the moment it is done that I like when grilling chicken … dry overcooked chicken is not a favorite of mine ). The last meal we had from our grill was burgers and my mom’s potatoes … Saturday night when the littlest two grands were here.
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
No, not really.
6. Share a favorite song with a number in its title.
This wasn't easy. 7x70 by Chris August … I love the promise of hope.
7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
Oh yes, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to realize that there is a lot of truth in that statement … and that the DH’s idiosyncrasies that frustrate me most are the very same ones that I struggle with myself.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
DD has confirmed that she'd like to go with chevrons. So today will find me in the sewing room, sewing together all those triangle blocks ... perfect way to spend this rainy day. Feels like I've been working on this for the longest time ... looking forward to seeing it come together ... and to get to the best part of all, the hand quilting!
Thanks for stopping by!