It’s Wednesday … not only that, but the LAST Wednesday of the month. Where in the world did June go??? I know … I say that so often at the end of every month, but it’s true … time is just flying by. Anywho, why not join in the Hodgepodge fun?
1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood?
2. What's your favorite summer smell?
This answer won’t be very PC, but I love the smell of suntan lotion. My second choice would be a freshly mown lawn.
3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand?
4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name?
SunChips. Garden Salsa. I don’t buy them … I don’t trust myself not to eat the whole bag!
5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day?
Swim … too bad we don’t have a pool out back. <sigh>
6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in its title.
You Are My Sunshine. I have always sung it to my grands when putting them down for their naps. If I’m with them at naptime and forget, they make sure that they remind me to sing it to them.
7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again?
A few weeks ago I shared a fabulous experience I had at Homestead Hearth HERE.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Look! Look what I found on my stroll around the garden yesterday afternoon!And this was taken with my new camera! Woo hoo! Pretty good for my first picture (and shooting one-handed as I had to hold back the rest of the plant to be able to get a halfway decent shot of this zucchini). After all this time and so many blossoms that never produced a single zucchini, I’d begun to think that we’d never get any! Woo hoo! (Can you tell that I’m a little excited?)
I got my new glasses and I’m currently in a love-hate relationship with them. The prescription changed, so that’s taking a little getting used to … and I’m not 100% sure that the right eye is correct … although it was the lens with the most change, so I’ll have to give it a few days to see. I also need to adjust to being able to see distances clearly through the distance portion of the lenses rather than the close portion … I find myself tilting my head to see out of the very bottom of the lenses out of habit. I love how the frames look and I love how lightweight they are … but they fit differently on my face than my old ones, so there’s some adjusting I have to do there, too. Those of you who wear glasses will know what I mean.
By the time I got home yesterday from running errands after going to pick up my glasses and then tidying up around the house , there just wasn’t time to get in any sewing. Got a couple of the Ts coming over after swim practice this morning, so no sewing today. Hopefully tomorrow.
Ok, that’s three random thoughts … but then I am the self-proclaimed Queen of Random. ha!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!