Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday’s Frivolities


Last week, I decided to participate in my first ever Friday Night Sew In … and guess what?  I won the August prize!  Look!
(Picture courtesy of http://sugarlane-designs.com/)
Isn’t that the sweetest thing? 

I’m happy to report that 3 raccoons have been “relocated”.  Let’s hope they don’t find their way back to our neighborhood.  3 raccoons (traveling in a pack) had been sighted by neighbors, so we’re hoping that our neighborhood is now raccoon-free, but we’ve set out another trap, just in case.  

I don’t have a whole lot left to do on my Kiss quilt … I have about two hoops’ worth of quilting before I can get out my border hoop and finish up the outer 4” all around the quilt.  There really is light at the end of the tunnel.  Maybe I can get the quilting done before we leave for Hilton Head after all? 

Maybe  if I pick the quilt back up and put in some more stitches after dinner, I can … but for some reason, by the time we sit down to watch the game in the evening, I’m done with quilting for the day and ready to work on my hexies, especially when the weather has been so absolutely delightful … who wouldn’t rather sit out on the deck and stitch hexies?
IMG_2017

Speaking of weather, it looks like summer is on her way back.  We’ll be back into the 90s this weekend.  Oh well, the respite from the heat and humidity was nice while it lasted. 

Today looks to be a busy day … I’m taking the Ts (and DD) out for some back-to-school shopping.  Red heart

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

15 comments:

  1. did your hubby catch all 3 of the raccoon's? good job. I haven't done a Friday night sew in - which blog is that on? we had 4 nice days in a row with windows open surely today will be hot again - I hope not it sure has been nice but I know it has to end it is August still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY on the raccoon's! good job. Glad you had a nice weather break....i wish we'd be next but I am not holding my breath! lol. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute prize - lucky you! So glad the relocation of the raccoons is done. Hope you have a great weekend of shopping and quilting. Very overcast here today - hoping for much needed rain. Think a large part of my day will be spent in the sewing room - yay! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you relocated those buggers. Let's hope they enjoy their new digs. We've had one (or more) the last few nights digging up the grass. Ugh!

    I love your nice gift. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The T's are back in school yet? Gosh - our kiddos have been in for a month already!

    Summer is coming back here this weekend too ... boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi and happy Friday to you. Loved that price as well. So glad the raccoons got a new place to live, hopefully without bothering people. Today will be in the 70's, maybe low 80's. I'm hoping to get a lot done on my quilt-hubby has to work a lot today and tomorrow so that frees my time up. Hope your day is filled with joy and love of family(I know it will be).
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the win! I've been too tired at night to do much of anything but play my 5 lives of candy crush and cookie jam and then fall asleep. I really need to finish that binding so I can get it into the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to win!!! Love stitching hexies! Hope you got rid of all of the raccoons. Between them and the deer they have just about wiped out our corn. School starts early here, Hunter went back to school on August 5th.

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found your blog by clicking on a link from another. So glad I stopped by, I'll definitely be back. The sewing set pattern you won is adorable. I love pincushions, needle books, and scissor fobs. Can't help making them, even if I'll never get to use them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on winning the cute gift! Way to go on the raccoons, hope they stay away. Hope you had a fun shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've enjoyed catching up with you. So glad y'all were able to catch and relocate your raccoons. They can be quite pesky.
    Hope all enjoyed the shopping trip.
    Congrats on your prize win, too :)
    Kathy (Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have a nice weekend. I do hope those raccoons don't come back either.
    How nice that you are getting sewing done. I hope your days end up being cool anyway.
    Your trip will be here before you know it. Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Didn't realize that racoons travel in packs! Glad they have found a new home. We always had bunny nests in our yard when I lived in St Peters. I guess those critters need a place too! Congratulations on your win I know you will have fun doing the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your winnings !

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)