Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday’s Frivolity


Wow, I was blown away at how easy it was to “rehome” some no-longer-needed fabrics.  The fabric has been boxed up and shipped out. I've got some supplies and notions, as well as a kit or two, that I may "rehome" after we get back from Hilton Head.

You all may remember the fat quarter sale I posted.  My fat quarter bundle arrived yesterday … just 3 days from order to delivery … now that is service!  I will definitely add them to my list of online shops to frequent.  I’m glad to see they included some green in the bundle, since my stash is low on greens.IMG_1981And look what was included with my fabric! IMG_1982I love how they want to follow up on our orders … and that pin!  Thumbs up  I’ll definitely check them out when I’m shopping online for fabric.

Our garden has not done well this summer, between too much rain this spring, too many stink bugs in our green beans … now this!  IMG_3970Talk about adding insult to injury.  We’re not sure what has literally mowed down over half our green bean plants … we’re wondering if it might be the raccoon that the neighbor’s seen and that we suspect has already paid us a call.  Sad smile

I’ve been productive this week … each morning, I tackle one or two housekeeping chores.  Wednesday it was the stash reorganization, and yesterday it was cleaning the hardwood floors and dusting.  Much better than trying to tackle it all in one day … and it leaves plenty of time for needle and thread.  I won’t be productive today as we’ll be heading out for a visit with my dad. 

Thankfully the temperatures are back up a little from Wednesday when a cold front moved through… it was downright chilly when we went out to check the garden after dinner Wednesday evening.  Brrrr  I’m not ready for it to get that chilly … cooler yes.  But I know what follows … and I’m never, ever ready for the cold of winter. 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that will bring some joy!
Kathy

18 comments:

  1. Isn't this change in weather shocking! Wow, it's like fall arrived overnight. Hoping it gets a little warmer by the weekend. So glad you are getting things done AND having some time to stitch. Life is good! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was down right chilly yesterday here too. Two mornings in a row! the other day at 53 and today at 60 -- I'll take it!! feels so nice compared to usually, heat comes back soon.
    always nice getting fabric in the mail. I need to hold a little sale too

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE when packages of fabric arrive.....always exciting! I honestly can't imagine cool weather as we are just coming off of a heat wave. We were several days in the low hundreds, and now we've cooled down into the low ninety's. And I am under NO illusions....LOTS more 100 day + days to come, lol! Living for some cool weather over here! Hope you have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that pile of fabric went fast, I hardly had time to think about it before you said it was all claimed. Good for you! Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can't wait for some cool weather next month in Vermont. Much better than the sweltering heat we will have for another month or so. Pretty fabrics you got. Enjoy your visit with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, something went to town on your green beans :)

    I love little things from customer service when you order from businesses. Makes them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the beautiful, cooler weather, but I'm not ready for cold yet either.

    Have fun visiting your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say that those beans got attacked by something!!! Yikes. I really hate to see summer coming to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just tickled to death for you Kathy on the great deal on the fabric and the cute note they enclosed with several ways to share your finished work with them! And how cool that you did get several NICE greens to add to your stash.. Sorry about your garden this year! The coolness fell down to Florida this morning... for about 30 minutes I had my heat on low out in my Florida room (at 5 am! ha) to ward off the chill in the air I wasn't quite ready for! :) Have a blessed weekend my friend! Look forward to seeing what is up to rehome next when you return from your time in paradise! :D Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. The same thing happened to our beans this year, though we finally got about a dozen plants that have made it almost to maturity. And the cool weather finally hit here last night, what a relief! Enjoy your visit with your dad, and the weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabric out......fabric in.... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been gone so I don't know what you were doing with your FQs, but I love that bundle you are showing. I'll need to read back through your older posts and see what you have been up to. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a hard year for gardens most places, I think. I read somewhere that you have to be an optimist to be a gardener and that is true! There's always next year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It feels to be reorganized doesn't it? Looks like you got some lovely reproductions!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Customer Service is everything and we see so little of it these days. We are enjoying some cooler temps here and it is so wonderful. I actually was cold when I got up this morning. I'm sure it is just a tease. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doesn't it feel great to move that old stuff out and make room for fresh new fabrics?? I've been doing some of that lately too and I love it! Looks like you got some pretties there. My latest acquisitions have been Kim Diehl fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like some great fabrics in those bundles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you were able to rehome the fabrics. Sorry about your garden. Our tomatoes didn't do much this summer. Way to go on doing the chores. I know that is what I need to do it tackle something each day instead of doing a day of cleaning which wipes out my lungs. I'm ready for Fall, it has been a hot summer here with humidity we seldom have. Of course I'm not ready El Nino to hit but CA needs the rain. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)