It’s another Wednesday …but not just any Wednesday … it’s the first Wednesday of 2012, so this is the first Hodgepodge of 2012! And Joyce has come up with another set of interesting questions. If you want to see what everyone else has to say, just click on the button above.
1. What are three words you would use to describe your 2011?
Working, virus, travel. Only ONE of those words is “allowed” to be a word to describe 2012! Betcha can’t guess which one. ha!
2. Do you like shrimp? What's your favorite way to have it prepared?
Do I like shrimp? You’d better believe it! In fact, having fresh seafood is another reason I love the beach … when DH and I travel to the beach, breakfast is the only meal in which we don’t have seafood. And I cannot think of a way I do like why to have shrimp prepared … although on our last trip to Hilton Head, we discovered the. best. shrimp and grits EVER.
3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down?
No, not completely. Because we have a real tree, it came down the day after Christmas. I usually take down all the decorations when I take down the tree, but the weeks leading up to Christmas had been particularly busy ones, so I just took down the tree. I certainly intended to get everything else down by New Years Day … but they’re still up. Maybe today.
4. Do you like to watch scary movies?
No, absolutely not. I love a good suspense/mystery, but nothing that falls into the horror story category.
5. ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy?
My favorite wintertime activity is sitting in my recliner, quilting, watching it snow outside, with a fire in the fireplace. I tried ice skating once … my ankles were too weak to allow me to do anything but shuffle along the outside of the rink, holding on to the boards for dear life. I tried skiing once, too, but that was about as ill-fated as the ice skating.
6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it.
7. What's a place or space that motivates you?
I’m drawing a blank on this one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I get some T time today!