It’s Hodgepodge time again!
1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?
No, I didn’t watch it. I don’t have any talent that would win me any points in any beauty pageant.
2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?
I have a couple of artificial houseplants, including a fake ficus tree that needs to go (too much trouble to dust all. those. leaves.). I also have a couple of real plants in the house, three if you count the hibiscus that we bring in to winter in the basement.
3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student?
I enjoyed school, so I would raise my hand … except in science class. Never did do well in science.
4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year...what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?
Crab Rangoon and hot braised chicken.
5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?
A miracle is something that happens as a result of God’s power. I think sometimes we fail to see the miracles that happen around us.
6. What's your favorite Disney song? If you're stuck you'll find a list here.
It’s got to be something from Beauty and the Beast, right? I mean since they’ve been running commercials for it and since Joyce mentioned that she saw it, it’s got to be Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast!
7. I should have _____________ yesterday.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Winter is back. The high yesterday (early morning before the storms moved in) was 68 … the low was in the teens … an almost 50-degree drop in temperatures.