Friday, March 15, 2013

A Little of This, A Little of That = a Whole Lot of Randomness


After lunch with the Prime Timers from church Thursday afternoon, DH and I drove over to St. Louis for some shopping (and to scope out where my hand piecing class will be next Tuesday).

I bought fabric – and lots of it.  I bought a bunch of fabric for T#4’s bedroom makeover.  It was late in the day when I took the picture (less than an hour and a half before sunset, but it was still pretty sunny … I really thought hoped that the colors would be truer than they are Sad smile).
photo
You can click on the picture to get a larger, more detailed picture.  The colors are a little washed out in the photo … they’re really much prettier in real life.  Hopefully when I get to working with that fabric, I’ll have better conditions (and will use my “real” camera) so I can get a better photo.

I’m  not certain what pattern I’ll be using to make her quilt … I’m leaning toward this four patch variation (with my four patches made from 2 colors per four patch for a little less chaos randomness).  Hopefully I can get DD on board.  Winking smile

I also bought some brick red and off white for my Drunkard’s Path quilt.  Unfortunately, the photo didn’t come anywhere close to representing the true colors … the red was a burgundy red instead of brick red and the off white was pure white.  <sigh>  Again, perhaps I’ll be able to get a better shot when I start working with them next week.

As I mentioned, I’m planning on hand piecing my Drunkard’s Path, and so I must have a finger pincushion … and look what I found on Etsy!  Isn’t it the cutest thing?  Hopefully it will be here by the beginning of next week. 


Now I need to find a cute little box to carry my block pieces, scissors, needle and thread, and my new finger pincushion. 

I have a funny to share with all of you who sew.  A husband went to change a light bulb in his wife’s sewing room.  When he was finished, he came out and exclaimed to his wife: “What in the world are you going to do with all that fabric you have in there?  There must be $100 worth of fabric in there!”  Winking smile

That’s an awful lot of quilting randomness, isn’t it?  But only rightly so … since tomorrow is National Quilting Day and I won’t be doing any quilting.

Nope, not a stitch all weekend as we’ll be heading to DeKalb tomorrow morning to watch T#1 swim in the State Competitions.  I can’t wait.

13 comments:

  1. What sweet colors in that collection!

    How could anyone ever have $100 worth of fabric?????? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what my husband says about the craft paper I have! If only he knew..... Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the material. I think the blue and pink are my favorites.

    I've never heard of a finger pin cushion. So very cute! You'll have to show us a picture with it on as I can't exactly imagine how you work with it.

    I wonder if there's a National Crocheting Day. I'll have to check that out. :)

    Have fun at the State Competitions this weekend. Good Luck to T#1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what my hubs says to me when I walk out of a yarn store :)

    You are my quilting hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I loved that joke and so true too.
    I think your fabric is so pretty. It looks so springy. I can't wait to see it made up. When the kids were young I took sewing and quilting classes like crazy.
    Every Saturday I think. Now that I could I don't. I did enjoy them so much and I learned lots too. I really enjoyed the fellowship too.
    Oh well, things to put on a bucket list. :) Have a nice weekend at the swim meet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the fabric! Soo soft and pretty. I think the finger pin cushion is adorable too. haha on the hubby remark! Enjoy the meet. Hope he does well and everyone has a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your fabric and your joke! Wouldn't it be nice if fabric cost the same as it did even 5 years ago?! Have a wonderful weekend! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. If the hubby only knew! Can't wait to hear about the swim meet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't see, but I love that little finger pin cushion!

    Have a great time at the swim meet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to start calling you the "Quilting Queen." :o) Love the choice of fabrics and know another beautiful quilt is on it's way....the birthing process is about to begin.

    That finger pin cushion is the cutest! Don't you just love Etsy!

    Good to be back in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Planning another quilt? My sister asked me to make her a couple of twin size quilts. I agreed. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)