Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Little of This, a Little of That

 

 

I spent Thursday morning at DD’s and got to play on her iPad.  I was “hooked” … so DH and I bought a couple.  Even though our everyday computers are laptops, they’re 17” laptops and are pretty big and pretty heavy … they’re a bit of a pain when traveling.  We’re thinking that iPads will be much more convenient when traveling.  DH is ready to scrap his laptop when it starts to die and just use his iPad.  I’m not quite ready to give up a laptop, since I use so many non-iPad programs (Quicken, Word and Excel) on a regular basis.  I’ve read blogs were posts were written and published on iPads, so I need to spend some time trying that out.  If anyone has any advice or tips, I’d appreciate it.  Winking smile

 

Today’s forecast was originally for a dry day with temperatures in the lower 60’s … an ideal day to get out there and trim back my roses and my butterfly bush.  But I woke up this morning to rain.  I have to admit that I’m not too disappointed, as I would really rather spend the day quilting.  I didn’t get any quilting done over the last couple of days, and I miss my time with needle and thread.  I also have a few other indoor projects that I need to get to … finishing up laundry, cleaning out the junk drawer, doing something with my stack of magazines, etc.  Plus I haven’t been to the Y in a couple of days.

 

Speaking of quilting, I promised a picture of my progress so far on T#2’s quilt.photo(1)

If you click on the picture, you can view it in more detail.  The colors, if you can imagine, are even a little more intense than they appear in the photo, especially the orange and yellow.  Those are certainly not fabrics that I would choose for myself, but I have to admit that I’m pleased with how it’s turning out. 

 

I mentioned that T#1 is going to State … March 16-17.  As I expected, DD asked me if I’d be available to watch the littles that weekend, but T#1 begged and pleaded for me to come watch him … how could I possibly say no?  Red heart  (DSIL’s mom will watch the littles.)   I’m so excited to be able to watch him compete at this level. 

 

Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead tonight.

14 comments:

  1. love the quilt it is beautiful. I don't have an IPAD, but converted over to a MAC last night after my last computer virus. Missed stopping by and hope to visit more often. Sorry, I DO have word verification at least temporarily for now...15-20 spam posts per day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy quilt. It is raining here today too. It was supposed to be sunny. I like it when the weather man is wrong.
    I think is so nice your grandson wanted you to come watch him swim.
    I hope you have a lovely Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the iPads! I have a small netbook by Toshiba that I travel with but an iPad would be awesome. Beautiful quilt, I love the colors. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is just exquisite! I am so impressed with those of you who do hand quilting. I have a severe lack of patience. :) I like your new blog look, too. And how exciting to compete on the state level! I hope he places number one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly do beautiful work! What a special gift! So glad you are going to watch the competition...he will always remember you were there! Hope he wins! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you are going to love, love your IPad. I have both Ipad and laptop and don't want to give either one up. I have the app for blogger but haven't quite figured out blogging on it. If you do, let me know.

    And, the quilt, it is gorgeous! I love the colors. Wouldn't have anywhere to use it in my home, but I do love it.

    So glad you are going to get to go to the swim meet. Our little Princess is starting Wee Ball in April, oh, my, I see lots of fun ahead.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Kathy, Glad to finally catch up here. I am impressed with your quilt-great idea on quilting it. I wonder how you got your rows so perfectly placed(didn't see any lines). Wish we lived closer so you could teach me! Have a delightful weekend; we are staying in because there are blizzard conditions. Now I'm trying to catch up on blogs and maybe read later.
    Thanks for your prayers for Hunter-he is finally starting to act more like himself.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my IPad. Hubs says I'm addicted : ). As much as I love it I still prefer to write posts on my computer. I love the iPad for reading, games, various apps, but not so much for composing in Blogger. That's just my .02 : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect quilting pattern for that quilt!
    I don't know if I can bring myself to switch to an Apple product, but I agree that lugging around a laptop gets pretty darn heavy.
    I don't think I'd be able to say "no" to a grandbaby either. :) Where will the meet be?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got iPads - you will love them. Also get the Kindle app and other book apps - they are great readers! Our grandkids also love all of the games we put on ours. We are cheap - free books and free games only!

    Love the quilt - so cheery! And so glad you will go watch T*1 swim - it will be a great weekend!

    ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. how cool with the iPads! Enjoy!! So sweet you'll be going to see your T#1 compete in a few weeks!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use blogspot when I write blogs from my iPad. I love my game apps. Although some of the Facebook game that have apps don't seem to be the full versions. And some videos I want to watch don't work on mobile safari. But I love the lightness of the iPad compared to the laptop. I did buy a converter to plug in my sd card from my camera so I could upload photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting on the I-pad...Melody has been trying to talk me into that for a while now. I am slow to change, haha. The quilt is gorgeous! My grand daughter would love it! I am glad you will be able to go to the swim meet. Doesn't it just warm your heart that your grandson wanted you there? It does mine...Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)