Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



It’s Wednesday, and we all know what that means, right?  HODGEPODGE Time!! 

1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner?  Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service?  Eating too much chocolate?
We will be having breakfast at church … the deacons at our church have always prepared and served a nice big breakfast Easter morning.  After church, we will be spending the rest of the day at DD’s.  We’ll have a big lunch, hunt for a few eggs, and just have a wonderful time. 

2.  What is something you feel too young to do?
Draw Social Security … yet I’ll be getting my first check next month.  Surprised smile

3.  "Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..." 
Of the characteristics mentioned in the
biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?
I have to confess that I probably have the most trouble with keeping a record of wrongs.  I do not like that, but it’s the truth.  <sigh>

4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
Blue bearded iris.  My mom always had them, wherever we lived … she’d dig up enough roots to get a start at our next house.  I remember our Mother’s Day tradition of serving my mom breakfast … with an iris in a vase.

5.  Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?
No.  And no.  And you’re welcome.


6. What is something you keep in a basket?
My hand quilting supplies … on the end table next to my recliner, where I sit and quilt.  photo(1)

7.  When was the last time you felt foolish?
It might be easier to describe when I didn’t feel foolish.  ha!  But the last time was yesterday, when DH texted me to tell me that he could only find 3 of the 4 personalized Easter eggs we bought for the grands last year.  I got the notification on my iPhone which said to open to view/reply.  I did and sent back a distraught reply that surely that 4th egg was not missing and begging him to go back and look again.  Turns out, my text went to DD, not DH.  I’m not sure how that happened.  I had to text DD and tell her “never mind” and re-text my message to DH.  Embarrassed smile

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I will be out of pocket for the next 4-5 days.  My sister, her S.O. and her grandson will be arriving this afternoon for a visit that will include celebrating our dad’s 90th birthday. 

Wishing you and yours a very blessed Easter.

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dad!!

    I sent a text to my sister in law last week that I thought went to my daughter. Technology can be dangerous: )

    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Well at least you text! I drive my kids wild that I don't! Enjoy your Easter and time spent with family! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The men at my dad's church always do a big breakfast on Easter too. Wish he was closer--he's a wonderful cook. :) Seems a lot of us have the same problem with record keeping. I honestly thought I'd be the only one with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your dad. Love the basket with quilting items in there and yes, texting can sometimes be hard on our phones, small buttons, big fingers don't match up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have had the pleasure of sending the wrong text to the wrong person MORE than once (in addition to calling people I never intended to call....gotta love these touch phones)
    Have a blessed weekend and a wonderful visit with family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good visit!!!
    I've sent texts to one of my boys thinking I sent it to one of the other ones. And yes, they let me know about it pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time with your sister and family and happy birthday to your dad!

    I'm afraid that keeping a record of wrongs is one of my major flaws!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So today your post is on Feedly but has not shown up on Bloglovin', I am so frustrated with them. Not sure Bloglovin' is the way to go!

    Your Easter Sunday sounds wonderful...enjoy! So does SS send you information or did you have to do it all yourself? Looks like a Longaberger basket. I have several! Enjoy your visitors. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow 90! Thats amazing! Happy birthday to your dad! :) My BD is next Tuesday. :) Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with ya on #3. :/

    We watched Karaoke on the cruise ship one night. Kinda hurt my ears. I can sing, but I don't think I could subject myself to that.

    I hope the birthday party is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a blessing you still have your dad at 90. My dad is 83 and I pray we get to have him when he is 90! Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Easter blessings to you and yours, and happy birthday to your dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you have a wonderful Easter planned.
    I too tend to be a keeper of records. It so hard to forget words or actions that are hurtful. For me anyway.
    Hope your Father has a great Birthday and you enjoy spending time with your Sister as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Kathy!
    Such a crazy morning with Brittany coming home later...still a lot to do! Just wanted to stop by real quick to wish you and yours a BLESSED Easter! See you next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Easter! I hope you enjoy your day. I know I have sent a text to the wrong person a few times. I have two Dawns, two Erins in my phone. It gets confusing.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)