Wednesday, March 27, 2013
It’s Wednesday, and we all know what that means, right? HODGEPODGE Time!!
1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner? Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service? Eating too much chocolate?
We will be having breakfast at church … the deacons at our church have always prepared and served a nice big breakfast Easter morning. After church, we will be spending the rest of the day at DD’s. We’ll have a big lunch, hunt for a few eggs, and just have a wonderful time.
2. What is something you feel too young to do?
Draw Social Security … yet I’ll be getting my first check next month.
3. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."
Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?
I have to confess that I probably have the most trouble with keeping a record of wrongs. I do not like that, but it’s the truth. <sigh>
4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
Blue bearded iris. My mom always had them, wherever we lived … she’d dig up enough roots to get a start at our next house. I remember our Mother’s Day tradition of serving my mom breakfast … with an iris in a vase.
5. Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?
No. And no. And you’re welcome.
6. What is something you keep in a basket?
My hand quilting supplies … on the end table next to my recliner, where I sit and quilt.
7. When was the last time you felt foolish?
It might be easier to describe when I didn’t feel foolish. ha! But the last time was yesterday, when DH texted me to tell me that he could only find 3 of the 4 personalized Easter eggs we bought for the grands last year. I got the notification on my iPhone which said to open to view/reply. I did and sent back a distraught reply that surely that 4th egg was not missing and begging him to go back and look again. Turns out, my text went to DD, not DH. I’m not sure how that happened. I had to text DD and tell her “never mind” and re-text my message to DH.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I will be out of pocket for the next 4-5 days. My sister, her S.O. and her grandson will be arriving this afternoon for a visit that will include celebrating our dad’s 90th birthday.
Wishing you and yours a very blessed Easter.