Tuesday, July 3, 2012
I was just so sure that we were going to get rain yesterday! Radar showed that there was a huge front just across the river. It was cloudy, the temperatures dropped, the wind picked up, and I even heard thunder. But not a drop fell.
There are two nurses in our small group, and both advised me to have my arm looked at. It was looking a lot less like a rash and more like an infected bug bite … which is what the doctor at the Urgent Care Center diagnosed. I’ve got a heavy-duty antibiotic to get that infection cleared up.
The heat wave continues. There is a 20% chance of a spot shower … hopefully that spot is here.
I see a “cool-down” and rain next week. The Weather Channel is predicting a 40% chance for next Monday and a 60% chance for next Tuesday. I know that’s way too far into the future … but hope springs eternal.
We finished the puzzle yesterday afternoon, and we’ve got another one to start today.
Our ice maker is not making ice again ... and there's another pesky ice cube stuck in the feeder ... time to get out the hairdryer. There's got to be a reason why it keeps clogging ... but I just hate to spend the money for a service call, when it's so easily remedied.
Tomorrow is the 4th … our plans are still up in the air, but #1 on our agenda is to stay cool.