1. How often do you check the weather? How do you check the weather?
It depends … in extreme weather conditions (like the heat wave we experienced last week), I may check periodically throughout the day. Otherwise, I check first thing in the morning … to see what the forecast is. I generally check online at www.weather.com.
2. "Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Agree or Disagree. Why?
I think there are a couple of issues in this quote. First, there’s the idea that happiness is a matter of chance. I disagree … I believe that happiness is a matter of choice, not chance … especially in marriage.
Secondly, Ms Austen implies that a good marriage is possible when we know little to nothing about our spouse prior to marriage. I disagree with that as well … I believe that I believe that a good marriage is built on a foundation of shared values, goals, interests, as well as mutual respect, trust and honesty. How can you develop trust and respect without knowing your spouse? How can you know that you share the same values, goals and interests without knowing your spouse?
3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?
I like to dance, but I just don’t seem to have the rhythm necessary to dance ... at least to dance well.
4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or home made peach ice cream? Pick one.
Or how about home made peach ice cream on top of a slice of peach pie fresh from the oven?
5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?
When I hear the word “unfair” (as opposed to “injustice” or “evil”), it conjures up a sense of entitlement, a focus on self. We’re not promised “fairness” … instead we’re promised that life will be unfair … that He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous (Matthew 5:45). So yes, we should accept unfairness, learn from it, and grow from it … if we don’t, we’re going to end up bitter and resentful.
6. The top five all time summer movie blockbusters (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are-Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and ET. Which one's your favorite?
I’ve only seen 2 of those 5 (Ghostbusters and ET). My favorite of those two is ET.
7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?
No. I hate flying.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m getting in plenty of T-time this week. I got to take them to swim lessons yesterday morning and then in the afternoon got to meet up with them at the water park. Tonight T#2 has her final softball game of the summer. And tomorrow, I’ll have the boys here for the day.
Hopefully my T-time this week will tide me over for the next week as they’ll be leaving for vacation bright and early Friday morning.