Today is Wednesday … time for some Hodgepodge.
1. Joyce joining her daughter in the 101 in 1001 challenge. Essentially you create a list of 101 things you hope to do or accomplish in the next 1001 days. What's one thing you'd put on your list?
Take a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway. DH and I have been dreaming about this for some time … and if I created a 101 in 1001 Challenge, I’d definitely want to include it.
2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be operated by remote control?
We have a cable box remote, 2 TV remotes , 2 DVD player remotes, 4 Wii remotes (technically, wii-motes), and 3 garage door remotes … for a total of 12. I really wish I had a remote control for a device that would clean the bathrooms.
3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?
To the world, “having it all” really means “having more” … there’s never enough, there’s always more to be had. In that sense, I’m not sure that “having it all” is truly attainable. On the other hand, I would define “having it all” as enough money to be comfortable, good health, warm, comfortable home, a loving, supportive family … and more importantly, a relationship with my Savior and the promise of eternity with Him and the Father. And that is attainable.
4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?
The Big Chill … my generation’s music.
5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop.
I can only remember one rooftop that I’ve been on … we dined on the rooftop at the Sunset Grill when we were in St. Augustine Beach in March. We had a lovely view of the ocean (which in my humble opinion is the very best view from anywhere!) … I wish I had taken my camera.
6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?
The heat and humidity.
7. Our weekly Hodgepodge falls on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.
Hot. Dry. I know that’s just 2 words, but it sums up July here perfectly.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I can’t remember the last time I’d been to the gym, but we went yesterday. I forgot how good it felt. I’m definitely not going to wait so long to go back … as soon as I’m done here, I’ll go change into my workout clothes and go back.