Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up


Weekend Wrap-up at a Defined Life


Yet another weekend has come and gone … how time flies when we’re having fun.  Winking smile

We woke up to absolutely gorgeous weather Friday!  We opened the windows, and it was fabulous to feel the fresh air blowing in!

We decided that it was simply too delightful to stay inside, so we headed over to the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis to see their Chinese Lantern Festival.2012-08-10 MoBot Lantern Festival2
2012-08-10 MoBot Lantern Festival3It was well worth the 50+ minutes that it took us to travel 1+ mile to cross over the Mississippi River … lane closures on the Missouri side of the River meant that 5 lanes were having to merge to 2 … can you say bottleneck?  What’s even worse is that the backup was twice as long on our way home.  Thankfully the east-bound traffic sailed right across the river.

After we finished up at the Botanical Garden, we stopped at Zia’s on The Hill for lunch … it’s our favorite restaurant!  It was not easy to make a healthy choice there, but I compromised … and we had a light dinner to “make up” for it. 

My Saturday was spent at DD’s so she and DSIL could go out.  I had a blast with the Ts … we played, watched movies, and made dinner together. 

I was able to get our bedding on our bed, too.  Here’s a sneak peek at our new and improved bedroom.August 10-12 weekend 002The colors are a little washed out (the wall color and the bedding color), and we’re still waiting on the Euro pillow forms (those shams are a solid brown; the forms should be delivered today) and on the headboard.  I’ll have to remember to share a picture when everything’s in place.

Sunday was a *full* day … after church we had T#3’s 5th birthday party … it was originally “scheduled” to go from 2-5, but we had so much fun that we didn’t get out of there until almost 7:00.  Smile  I don’t know about those kiddos, but this Nana and Papa slept like babies last night! 

We got more rain last night – .7” this time!  Obviously that’s not nearly enough to bring an end to these drought conditions, but we’ll take it!  And other than Wednesday, our forecast of cooler-than-normal weather continues this week. 

Other than small group this evening, our schedule is free for today, and after a busy weekend, it will feel pretty nice to just take it easy.  I think I see some quilting and NCIS in my future.  Winking smile

13 comments:

  1. I have my windows open today too! NO humidity. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures from the Lantern Festival have such beautiful colors. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NCIS!! My favorite show. I like your new bedroom look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Kathy, You are always so busy-I think busier than I am! Loved hearing about your weekend and seeing your new bedding; it is so pretty but can't wait to see the bed finished.
    Have a great day-I've got some heavy "fall" cleaning to do this week-yuck.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds very nice, I think your room looks so nice. I am so glad your weather is cool and that you are getting rain. It gives me hope, I will make it. :)
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our windows are open too as the humidity is down here as well. We have been getting rain every afternoon for about 5 days now. And by rain I mean thunder, lighting, downpours and flooding in some parts! Oh well, I'll take it. Sounds like you had a great weekend and I love the bedroom covers. Looking fowarded to seeing the entire room done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...I'm bummed now. Wishing it would be cool enough HERE to open windows and let the curtains sway in the breeze. {{{sigh}}}

    Love the bedding you've chosen. I can't wait to see the entire ensemble.

    Oh ya, I know what that is like, traffic jams and long waits just to cross over. We had that happen just recently when we drove over the Mississippi. Hours' delay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good week-end! Glad your weather has improved, now we need to as well. Just horrid here. I love the new look in the bedroom, but am anxious to see the whole finished feel. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It isn't cool here at all and certainly not window open cool! Yikes! Even though our temps have been cooler than usual at this time of year, the AC is greatly appreciated.

    The gardens are stunning and I really like the new bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice collages! I got the link up posted this morning rather than last night. You should still link up as it is open until Thursday! I am thinking about discontinuing it though because there has not seemed to be much interest. I only have one person linked up this weekend. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Lantern Festival - what fun! Sounds like a busy and fun weekend. Like the bedroom look, always fun to get a "new look."
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your photos of the Botanical Gardens! I'm looking forward to being able to open my windows in October...there's nothing like fresh breeze blowing through the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly are keeping yourself busy. Sounds like a lot of fun things to do! Hope your loving your new bed.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)