It’s Wednesday again … you know what that means … it’s Hodgepodge time!
1. I included this quote (attributed to William H. Danforth) in my blog post yesterday... "The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb its routine." When was the last time you 'disturbed your routine' and how'd you do it?
I don’t know that I have a routine to disturb. I’ve found that my best cure for a sluggish mind is to read.
2. What's your favorite fried food indulgence?
I rarely eat fried food, although I do have a hard time passing up sweet potato fries.
3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?
I had an allowance as a kid. I usually spent it … unfortunately I was not a saver as a child. I’ve not given DD an allowance for probably 15-20 years! But I did give her one when she was a child.
4. What's something you wish you knew more about?
Maybe politics … specifically the candidates’ positions on various matters, so I could be fully informed on election day. I abhor political ads (with all the mud-slinging and half truths [if not outright lies/misinformation]), and I don’t feel like the media does a fair job of presenting what the candidates stand for … so when election day rolls around, I am not as fully informed as I would like/need to be.
5. Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?
I can think of nothing that my age is keeping me from doing.
6. What's a song you think has a great first line?
I like music … but with my memory, I can’t remember a single first line … I’m lucky to remember the lyrics to the chorus.
7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post? In other words...as you write, who is the audience in your head?
Ultimately I hope to leave behind a record of my days, but I also write for the friends I’ve come to know as a result of this inconsequential little blog.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I saw this on Facebook and just had to share it here! And speaking of stitching, I’m on the home stretch with the quilting on my log cabin quilt. I should be able to finish the quilting and get it bound by the end of the week. That means I need to find fabric for my next quilt … a wall quilt for our bedroom.