Wednesday, August 8, 2012
It’s Wednesday again … Hump Day and Hodgepodge Day!
1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here . Your thoughts?
Just another example of big government. I’ll spare you my soap box rant … let me just say that this will not solve the problem.
2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?
Food festival, especially if it’s something unique to a specific area. I attended a crab festival in Louisiana about 15 years ago … fun.
3. What are you irrational about?
I’m OCD about any number of things … and I suspect that I walk the very fine line between OCD and irrationality. I don’t think that I’ve crossed that line? Those who know and love me may disagree.
4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
Since we are retired, it’s been comfortable so far. If we continue to be careful and if the market doesn’t go crazy, our nest egg should continue to allow us to have a comfortable retirement.
5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)
Gabby Douglas winning gold.
6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
Right now it’s my sewing room because that’s where I’m storing all the stuff I’ve bought for our bedroom makeover … I’m still waiting for the comforter I ordered (it should arrive today – pictures to follow if it is a keeper).
7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
Mostly my head. Remember, I was an accountant for 30 years.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My Ts were here yesterday … it’s always a good day when I can spend it with my Ts. Today looks to be a pretty quiet day.
After months of repinning stuff on Pinterest, I finally gave a recipe a try yesterday … and it’s a keeper! And healthy to boot! I made it yesterday, and DH and the Ts all gave it a thumbs up.