Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



It’s Wednesday again … Hump Day and Hodgepodge Day! 

1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here . Your thoughts?
Just another example of big government.  I’ll spare you my soap box rant … let me just say that this will not solve the problem.   
 
2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?
Food festival, especially if it’s something unique to a specific area.  I attended a crab festival in Louisiana about 15 years ago … fun.
 
3. What are you irrational about?
I’m OCD about any number of things … and I suspect that I walk the very fine line between OCD and irrationality.  I don’t think that I’ve crossed that line?  Those who know and love me may disagree.  Winking smile  
 
4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
Since we are retired, it’s been comfortable so far.  If we continue to be careful and if the market doesn’t go crazy, our nest egg should continue to allow us to have a comfortable retirement.   
 
5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)
Gabby Douglas winning gold. 
 
6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
Right now it’s my sewing room because that’s where I’m storing all the stuff I’ve bought for our bedroom makeover … I’m still waiting for the comforter I ordered (it should arrive today – pictures to follow if it is a keeper).
 
7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
Mostly my head.  Remember, I was an accountant for 30 years.   
 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My Ts were here yesterday … it’s always a good day when I can spend it with my Ts.  Red heart  Today looks to be a pretty quiet day. 

After months of repinning stuff on Pinterest, I finally gave a recipe a try yesterday … and it’s a keeper!  And healthy to boot!  I made it yesterday, and DH and the Ts all gave it a thumbs up.  Thumbs up

12 comments:

  1. I am with you on the festivals - love to go visit the food part! No rides for me. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a food festival. Well, I am with you, living in a house with an OCD dog and cats and people, I am most comfortable with them. My husband in a programmer so he likes things just so. I think I would go crazy if things done orderly.
    I am glad you had a nice day with your grands. I won't being seeing mine until Friday.
    I think that law in New York is just dumb, prohibition on 16 oz drinks?? Just crazy.
    Have a nice day. It was 80 degrees this morning at 5:00 AM
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were an accountant!! That's what Kevin went to college for too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sorry that I missed seeing Gabby win gold :(

    An accountant for 30 years...that's a lot of numbers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pinterest. I've tried a couple different recipes and have loved most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See? Pinterest can be used in helpful ways.. not just a waste of time.. though that's what it usually is for me :)

    Glad your retirement is nice for you... its deserved

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made many of the things I've pinned. Some keepers, some not but I love Pinterest. What did you make?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard about the NYC proposed ban on sugary drinks larger than 16 ounces...unbelievable! You can no more regulate peoples nutrion than you can their morality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popped in from the Hodgepodge ~

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am visiting you because I saw a comment from you on empty nest in Illinois blog. I love meeting other bloggers from Illinois. I am in Pekin, close to Peoria. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't see Gabby win gold but I did see the reruns of it. I was quite proud of her. And that girl that won that race- no one even got close to her! She was so fast! But the mens rowing has been the one that kept me interested. I don't usually watch the Olympics but, with the company last week, we kept them on because they were interested.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe I follow with my heart... but then, my head gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)