1. Aloha! On August 21, 1959 Hawaii officially became a US state. Have you ever been? Upon arrival would you prefer an orchid or a hibiscus to tuck behind your ear?
I have never been to Hawaii. And while I wouldn’t mind going, it’s not high on our list of places we’d like to go (if for no other reason than we’d have to fly to get there, and DH and I do not like flying – at all). I believe I’d prefer an orchid.
2. Since we're talking tropical...what's your favorite food or beverage made with pineapple?
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It’s not very tropical … but my carrot cake does have pineapple chunks.
3. Do you believe in soul mates? Explain.
As in finding someone who completes me? Yes, and I have.
4. Share a memory about the house you grew up in.
It was a tiny little house (when I drove by a couple of years ago, I swear it is half as big as it was when I was a kid! ). My sister and I shared a room … my mom asked us what color we wanted when she was getting ready to paint it. We chose chartreuse … she tried to persuade us to go with something a little less intense, but we wanted chartreuse (we didn’t know the name, but we liked the color). So we had a chartreuse room … until the next time she decided to paint … when we chose a fairly dark shade of periwinkle.
5. Are you comfortable with silence?
6. You spot a giant spider on your bedroom wall...what's your next move? (all spiders are giant, right?)
Get the swatter out and swat it … and then jump back in case I miss.
7. My idea of fun does NOT include ______________.
Amusement parks. I don’t do rides.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our existing counters are being removed this morning. The installers will be out tomorrow to create the template for the new counters. We will be without counters (and a sink) for about a week until the new counter is installed and our plumber hooks the water back up. But the end product will be worth it!