Once again it’s Thursday … time to stop and take some time to be intentionally thankful … especially since (with Thanksgiving and DD’s surgery) I haven’t had the opportunity to post a Thankful Thursday for a couple of weeks now. Not that I wasn’t thankful in the last two weeks, but there’s just something about sharing some of what I’m thankful for that just does my heart good.
I’m thankful for:
* DD’s surgery going well … her recovery has been a little bumpy, but she’s on the mend
* snow the last two mornings … no snow this morning, but the forecast for this evening and tomorrow morning is for a little snow
* sitting last night at our church’s Christmas dinner with a family we didn’t know and getting to know them
* a good report from the dentist yesterday
* a little bitty girl who loves to talk on the phone (even if I can only understand a word or two here and there) … and my other grands as well
* reminders everywhere that God loved enough to send His only Son to live … and to die for us
How many kings stepped down from their thrones?How many lords have abandoned their homes?How many greats have become the least for me?How many gods have poured out their heartsTo romance a world that has torn all apart?How many fathers gave up their sons for me?Only one did that for me.