Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday




Once again it’s Thursday … time to stop and take some time to be intentionally thankful … especially since (with Thanksgiving and DD’s surgery) I haven’t had the opportunity to post a Thankful Thursday for a couple of weeks now.  Not that I wasn’t thankful in the last two weeks, but there’s just something about sharing some of what I’m thankful for that just does my heart good.

I’m thankful for:
* DD’s surgery going well … her recovery has been a little bumpy, but she’s on the mend

* snow the last two mornings … no snow this morning, but the forecast for this evening and tomorrow morning is for a little snow

* sitting last night at our church’s Christmas dinner with a family we didn’t know and getting to know them

* a good report from the dentist yesterday

* a little bitty girl who loves to talk on the phone (even if I can only understand a word or two here and there) … and my other grands as well

* reminders everywhere that God loved enough to send His only Son to live … and to die for us
How many kings stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
How many gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that has torn all apart?
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?
Only one did that for me.

9 comments:

  1. I'm thankful to wake up to no snow today : ) They were calling for 3-8 inches but it missed us. I need to get out and snow just complicates that. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that I can call the King of Heaven "abba" Daddy. Your posts are always such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that "how many"; so glad He did! Glad to hear DD is on the mend; good that you can help out as you can! I bet the church service was nice last night; always good to get to know people better from church!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI there, I love your grateful heart-so many blessings to count! So glad DD is on the mend-hopefully each day will get better.
    Hugs to you today.
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many thing to be thankful for.
    Hope you have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the "How Many" at the end too. I have much to remember to be thankful for as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, We are certainly blessed,especially with our grands. I wanted to share that the "quilt" little Miss S made, wasn't really a quilt but a large piece of fabric sandwiched like a quilt with the letter of her cousins first name appliqued on it. I ended up putting the binding on but Miss S stitched the two red heart buttons to the letter. It is for a doll.
    Her heart is so giving and big that I love seeing what she creates and knowing that she'll grow in her skills.
    Hugs today.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, these Grans are just that, GRAND! My long distance Gran gets on the phone and tells me he loves me and just melts my heart. We can hardly wait for he and his Momma to arrive Christmas Day.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)