Friday, December 23, 2011

Thankfulness

 

Thankfulness isn’t/has never been confined to Thursday.  And I have plenty to be thankful for today … including the reason why I couldn’t submit a Thankful Thursday post.  Winking smile

 

I’m thankful for:

  • A pretty good report back from DD’s doctor … she’s got an infection that’s causing the post-surgical complications.  I’m thankful that it’s nothing more serious.  (No matter how old our children are, we mamas are still mamas … and are concerned about our children’s health and well being.) 

 

  • T#1 being so brave when he got his blood drawn … and I’m thankful for the expertise of those doing the draw.  He was pretty apprehensive the days leading up to the blood draw, but when the time came, he was calm. 

 

  • Getting together with my extended family … everyone had a wonderful time.  And while I would have loved some snow, I’m thankful that the weather cooperated so everyone was able to safely return home yesterday.

 

  • Christmas traditions … DD and I bake cookies every year, and today is cookie baking day!  Normally we bake our cookies several days before Christmas, but with all that’s been going on this month, our only opportunity was today.  Better late than never, right?

 

  • A baby who was born 2000 years ago … and knowing that the story doesn’t end in that manger.

 

5 comments:

  1. What kind of cookies do you make??

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kathy, So glad to read the answers to prayer. You are such a dear gal and I'm so glad I've gotten to know you better this year. Have fun baking today! Sending lots of love and wishes for a blessed Christmas with you and yours.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy about her good report. Hope she feels better soon. I was baking today too and have more to do tomorrow. Maybe next year I will bake early and freeze them. Probably not but a girl can dream! Glad you had a nice time with your extened family. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep your daughter in my prayers. They are never too old for us to worry about...mine are in their 20's and my own mom is 81 and she would say the same : )

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a wonderful thankful post! So glad all turned out well!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)