Thankfulness isn’t/has never been confined to Thursday. And I have plenty to be thankful for today … including the reason why I couldn’t submit a Thankful Thursday post.
I’m thankful for:
- A pretty good report back from DD’s doctor … she’s got an infection that’s causing the post-surgical complications. I’m thankful that it’s nothing more serious. (No matter how old our children are, we mamas are still mamas … and are concerned about our children’s health and well being.)
- T#1 being so brave when he got his blood drawn … and I’m thankful for the expertise of those doing the draw. He was pretty apprehensive the days leading up to the blood draw, but when the time came, he was calm.
- Getting together with my extended family … everyone had a wonderful time. And while I would have loved some snow, I’m thankful that the weather cooperated so everyone was able to safely return home yesterday.
- Christmas traditions … DD and I bake cookies every year, and today is cookie baking day! Normally we bake our cookies several days before Christmas, but with all that’s been going on this month, our only opportunity was today. Better late than never, right?
- A baby who was born 2000 years ago … and knowing that the story doesn’t end in that manger.