Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday




I always set aside Thursday as a day where I slow down and take the time to be intentionally thankful.  It could be so easy to get start focusing on what we want or where we want to be … I find that setting aside Thursday as a day to be intentionally thankful helps keep me focused on being thankful for what I have and where I am ... on living with an attitude of gratitude.  So each week on Thursday, I pick a few of the many things I am thankful for.

Today I’m especially thankful for:
  • The opportunity to help my dad be able to spend a couple of winter months on the Gulf Coast … it’s something he (and my mom when she was still here) did every winter for the last 20+ years.  It’s one of the things that allows my dad to maintain his independence … and I know that he enjoys seeing all the friends he’s made over the years.

  • Good health … yes, I have my share of age-related “issues”, but nothing that interferes with my ability to do what I enjoy. 

  • My home … I confess that I’m a homebody.  Give me a good book or a sewing project and I stay here in my nest for a good long while. 

  • God’s love … He loved us enough to send His Son to die so that we could live.

4 comments:

  1. I am a homebody too. Love to stay inside and read a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your thankful list. I am glad to hear you had a nice Christmas too. I read back through your last several posts. I have been somewhat behind... : ) Have a wonderful week-end! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of thankfulness. I am a homebody too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My home is a comfort to me, also. It is my nest. Enjoyed all your thankful's. Have a new year filled with peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)