Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

It’s Wednesday again … and it’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge … the last Wednesday Hodgepodge of 2011. 

 

1. Share something you loved about your Christmas Day.

I loved that it was a nice, quiet day at home with DH.  We celebrated Christmas with DD and her family on Christmas Eve. 

 

2. You get to put five items in a time capsule to be opened in 100 years, what items would you choose and why?

Hmmm, this is a toughie, Joyce.  I will start with an iPad and a smart phone so they can laugh at how antiquated our technology is.  I would put in a newspaper because I’m pretty sure they’ll be obsolete by then.  I would put in a Bible because in 100 years people will still need Jesus. 

 

3. What do you like on a cracker?

This Christmas I discovered a new treat for spreading on crackers.  Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs.  Mmmmm, yummy!

 

4. Do you make resolutions at the start of a new year? How'd that work out for you this past year?

I don’t technically make resolutions.  I’ve found that there’s just something about making a resolution that sets me up for failure.  I do have goals, but they’re ongoing … watching what I eat, getting more exercise, spending more time with God. 

 

5. What's a song or song lyric you'll associate with 2011?

I’ll associate Hold Me by Jamie Grace with Toby Mac with 2011.  All my Ts loved that song, but it the first (or one of the first) songs that T#4 sang… so whenever I’d hear that song, I immediately think of her.  Red heart

 

6. How will you ring in the new year?

Friday we’ll be driving my dad to to within 3 hours of the Alabama Gulf Coast, where he’ll spend January and February.  He’s a little apprehensive about driving through larger cities, so we’ll drive him far enough south that he’ll have an easy and short drive Saturday morning to the condo he’s renting.  We’ll arrive back home Saturday afternoon.  I suspect that we’ll be pretty tired upon our return so our New Year’s Eve celebrating will be very low key … as in non-existent.  ha!

 

7. What is something you look forward to in 2012?

I have several things that I’m looking forward to in 2012:  good health for DD and her family (they’ve been hit so hard this year), quilting more (no more working in 2012), traveling (I’ll visit my dad on the Gulf Coast in January, we’ll do our annual spring training trip in March, we’ll go to Hilton Head in May, and we may finally get to the Outer Banks in September if we don’t go back to Hilton Head).

 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I’ve been taking Vitamin C every day for the last 3-4 weeks, hoping to stave off any colds or upper respiratory infections.  I have been sniffly with a bit of a cough in the mornings for about 5-6 days now; I’m praying that the Vitamin C will keep this from developing into a full-fledged cold/URI. 

12 comments:

  1. Your travel plans for 2012 sound like a lot of fun. It I am lucky, I will get to fly to Oregon and visit my daughter there. Hope that cold doesn't get you. I always take some extra zinc when I feel a cold coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mornings I spend sneezing. I think its possibly something in this house cause when we were in the PA house the past few days I didnt sneeze once. Its passes and doesnt turn into a cold. Its just something that happens every morning.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Boursin cheese. So glad you had a nice Christmas...happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you had a nice Christmas. Hope your post Christmas travels are safe and fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been able to avoid a cold or allergy outbreak so far. Fingers crossed! Have a safe trip taking your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely sold on Vitamin C.
    Enjoyed your time-capsule entries. Would be nice to be a bug on the wall when it comes time to open it up, wouldn't it?
    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I take 500 mg. of C at day, minimum and if I feel something coming on I usually up it to 1000 mg. Loved reading all your thoughts here; I hope you don't get sick either.
    Have a warm day!
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's to a healthy, happy 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs sounds yummy! Have a safe trip on the road helping your dad out. Stay well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you'll be doing some wonderful traveling in 2012.

    Enjoyed hearing what you'd put in a time capsule.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Along with the vitamin C try some nasal spray to moisten the nares at night before bed. The heater usually drys everything out and can cause cough.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you will be doing a lot of traveling in 2012, good think you are not working! Love your choices about the time capsule and the song as well. I could not think about a song at all.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)