It’s Wednesday again … that means that not only is December flying by, but it’s time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge again! If you’d like to see what everyone else has to say, just click on the button above.
1. Do you put Christmas decorations in every room of your house? If not every room, what rooms do you decorate?
I pretty much decorate only our main living area … great room and kitchen. I’m really doing the “less is more” approach to life, including decorating … including Christmas decorating. I put up a tree, set out the Christmas village and the nativity and put some garland on the mantel … there are a couple of other little items around the house, but really that’s about it.
2. If you could visit one of the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) which one would you choose and why?
I would love to see the fjords of Norway.
3. What does the word faith mean to you?
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. ~Hebrews 11:1
4. You can go back to your childhood for one day...what day and age would you choose?
I think I’d really rather stay as an adult. I don’t want to give up the blessings of this season in my life … sweet friendship with DD, watching the Ts grow up, growing old with DH (that old saying “grow old with me, the best is yet to be” is really true), growing in my relationship with the Lord … these are all too sweet and dear to me to give up for even one day.
5. When did you last have 'punch'? If it's not too much trouble share your favorite punch recipe.
At a baby shower I attended at church last summer. I don’t have a punch recipe … if I ever hostess an event where I would need to serve punch, I’m confident that I could find a good recipe … either from friends or online.
6. Do you fill stockings at your house? Are stockings opened before or after the bigger gifts?
We don’t hang stockings here at our house, but DD hangs stockings at her house … so I have a bag full of little treats waiting to be tucked into the stockings at her house.
7. What takes your breath away?
There are a number of things that take my breath away … a beautiful sunset, majestic mountains, the miracle of birth are a few that come to mind immediately. Is it any wonder that the things that take my breath away are all God’s handiwork?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
DD is on the mend; today she’ll be working the Scholastic Book Fair, so that means I’ll be watching the Ts.